Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wimbledon 2008 - "Womens Final" - The Williams Brothers

Which of these two brothers will win the womens title at Wimbledon

• Total voters

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I normally watch the ladies final, but shall be tuning out this year (although I am prior engaged).

Ugly tennis and I can't stand their arrogance. Womens tennis is a farce anyway. The only credible player retired early and it is cheap. Hit the ball back and wait for the opponent to make a mistake.

I can't believe they get equal pay. For a start, it is not such a crowd puller, they play over 50% less tennis than the men and basically they are inferior.

Dementieva was right. I wouldn't put it pass them to pick a winner beforehand.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I'm going to dissent here. Whatever you may say about them stitching it up with the old man beforehand; they ain't blokes !!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Penus

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Serena, cos it's her turn and Williams snr. will tell Penus to let her little sis win.

Serena, cos it's her turn and Williams snr. will tell Penus to let her little sis win.

Hmm, out of 6 grand slam finals these two have played against each other, Venus won the first one, Serena has won the last FIVE (including both Wimbledon finals).

Doesn't smell of a stitch-up to me.
Serena to win tomorrow.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Serena for me but these two ladies are a tad powerful, wouldn't like to get in a fight with them

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
anyone for Murray ?.............. thought not

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Even if the final is rigged which it is not these 2 sports women have brushed aside the best the rest of the world could offer and their dedication for 2 decades under the superb guidance of their Father coming from a very poor background and part of America where Black people are also rans this thread is highly offensive. I applaude the Williams sisters for a superb achievement again and its venus for me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really looking forward to the men's final but have absolutely no interest in the womens, could I be gay and in denial?? :eek:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Tennis will be the winner. There will be no colluding. The game will be played with skill and guile not muscle and testosterone. It will be entertaining and sometimes amusing. We won't see a lot of pictures of their father.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I shall be pressing the red button to watch Laura Robson - chance to be the 1st english junior winner for 20 years and will get a wild card into the main draw next year if she wins. :thumbsup:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I shall be pressing the red button to watch Laura Robson - chance to be the 1st english junior winner for 20 years and will get a wild card into the main draw next year if she wins. :thumbsup:

Saw her interviewed the other night - seems a really nice, sensible, talented girl. One to watch for the future. Would love to see her get a wild card for next years main draw! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here