Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you be allowed to watch the tennis in your office??

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Leading observers seem to think so....

Lets fans watch tennis, firms urged

I think it is a great idea, imagine the camarderie of your whole office as you all cheer Andy on through the Wimbledon draw, if Andy can do his bit I think it will also improve the morale and feel good factor around the workplace.

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
potentially for the semi final/ final but earlier rounds i highly doubt business' will allow it, majority anyway.

Besides, hes Scottish!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
If the TUC suggested to their unions that their members spent more time working than skiving off/striking then maybe the cuts the government are proposing wouldn't have been so harsh. Just a thought like!?!

Tennis is a minority sport that no one gives a flying f*** about 50 weeks of the year. Andy Murray is a **** and a dour Scottish one at that! f*** him, f*** Tim Henman, f*** that Canadian mush and f*** the legions of divots who sit outside center court shouting "c'mon Tim" waving union jack tea towels. ***** the lot of em!

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
My work is bad enough without adding Tennis, not even any personalities anymore, Murray is a boring misserable twat

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think it is a great idea, imagine the camarderie of your whole office as you all cheer Andy on through the Wimbledon draw, if Andy can do his bit I think it will also improve the morale and feel good factor around the workplace.

I realise you're fishing, because you know very well the feelings of a great number of posters on this site as far as Andy Murray is concerned.

However, on the basis that you are actually serious, you might as well not bother watching, because Wimbledon will be exactly the same as it always is:

-first couple of rounds: Murray comfortably despatches a bunch of Ecuadorian and Danish minnows ranked below 350

-next round: comes up against a doughty Croat, ranked approximately 59, make hard work of it but gets through, limping a bit

-following round: scrapes through a five setter against a Thai everyone expects him to beat, requires physio attention three times

-with two of Nadal, Federer and Djokovic already out, Murray has a semi final clash against an average American, with Sue Barker already unable to sleep at night and the nation mentally booking seats for the dream final. Loses first set, injury to ankle mysteriously worsens, swears a lot. Loses second set on tie break, wins third to bring about false hope, needs more treatment, swears like Kevin the Teenager at every opportunity, loses match point on a double fault to crash out three sets to one. Claims it was down to exhaustion and scheduling, blames LTA. Rain sets in. Sue Barker pretends she never expected him to win anyway, wipes away tears and tries to feign interest at the prospect of Nadal/Federer/Djokovic against said American in final.

Yeah, I can see how that would boost the nation's morale.

deakers

Jul 15, 2008
Going to Wimbledon with the missis next Friday, got tickets for Court 2. Never been before (and can't claim to be much of a tennis fan tbh), anyone been? Any tips?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Going to Wimbledon with the missis next Friday, got tickets for Court 2. Never been before (and can't claim to be much of a tennis fan tbh), anyone been? Any tips?

Watch the ball.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009

seeing as you already have tickets you dont really have to do anything as the main gripe is the f***ing QUEUE, so main tip is always get there bloody early.

but as you have a ground pass, make use of the outside courts as you can get really close to the action and watch some great matches of some brill players who arent on the showcourts

deakers

Jul 15, 2008
seeing as you already have tickets you dont really have to do anything as the main gripe is the f***ing QUEUE, so main tip is always get there bloody early.

but as you have a ground pass, make use of the outside courts as you can get really close to the action and watch some great matches of some brill players who arent on the showcourts

Thanks Willy, much appreciated.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I can't even imagine having enough time to watch a game of tennis during my working day.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
My workload ebbs and flows so I'll able to watch when it's quiet, but I'd rather do what I need to do workwise

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I will be able to watch it all day every day online as the equipment I operate uses a Pc and I'm in my own room, having said that, I won't watch a single bit of it as tennis is f***ing shit!

Sent from my no longer rude signature in case google freak out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here