Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

will we end up like darlington ?

north stander

Banned
Nov 5, 2003
the outer limits
Darlington have a new ground. But that has come at a big cost.
The club has a chairman with money to spend. But still they are in trouble. We have a chairman and a Board with no money. Yet Falmer will still go ahead. and at what cost ?. I no we need a new ground. With not a lot of money about i do worry about the future of this club. I just wish a few more fans can see this.......

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Highly unlikely.

Our Stadium plans are based around a business case - not someones dream written on the back of a fag packet using all their money.

Trust me it will be OK.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
No, we won't end up like Darlington. They had an average attendance of about 3,000 yet built a new ground anyway. We could get at least 10,000 every week into Falmer, if not a lot more. So we will be OK, provided of course we get the stadium

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
it is a possibility but we cannot stay at withdean forever. its never gonna attract more fans, only lose them. eventually we would be struggling anyway. we cannot afford to keep losing money like we are.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
FFS You put this up yesterday. No, we will not end up like Darlo. The Albion fans will simply not allow it.

We have the funds in place to build Falmer, it's just these funds coming in are exclusively towards building the stadium - not the day to day running of the club.

The reason there is no money is because of the maximum amount of funds available is severely restricted by the limit on the capacity at Withdean, and the capital cost of staging the games.

Dick Knight is not going to throw money down the drain, especially when he knows extra investment will come in WHEN FALMER IS GIVEN THE GO AHEAD. Besides which, THERE ARE NO PEOPLE WILLING TO TAKE OVER BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION AT PRESENT. If there are, where are they? The fact that people believe that there is a queue of potential new chairmen only leaves me thinking there are too many thick bastards supporting the Albion. AND THAT IS WORRYING.

This is common knowledge, and has been discussed ad nauseum for months, nay years. Why are you bringing it up again now?

eiregull

Jul 15, 2003
ireland
The Large One said:
FFS You put this up yesterday. No, we will not end up like Darlo. The Albion fans will simply not allow it.

We have the funds in place to build Falmer, it's just these funds coming in are exclusively towards building the stadium - not the day to day running of the club.

The reason there is no money is because of the maximum amount of funds available is severely restricted by the limit on the capacity at Withdean, and the capital cost of staging the games.

Dick Knight is not going to throw money down the drain, especially when he knows extra investment will come in WHEN FALMER IS GIVEN THE GO AHEAD. Besides which, THERE ARE NO PEOPLE WILLING TO TAKE OVER BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION AT PRESENT. If there are, where are they? The fact that people believe that there is a queue of potential new chairmen only leaves me thinking there are too many thick bastards supporting the Albion. AND THAT IS WORRYING.

This is common knowledge, and has been discussed ad nauseum for months, nay years. Why are you bringing it up again now?

here f***ing here :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

The Large One said:

When the Christmas tree comes down, maybe this message should replace it as a permanent feature at the top of the Board.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No we won't. Reynolds is a stubborn arse who's views on many of his supporters are akin to Van Hoogstraten's view of ramblers. Not only could he bail them out of his own pocket if he wanted but his running of Darlo has been dubious to say the least. They did not need another ground, or Faustino Asprilla, what they needed was a decent manager who could have built on the success they had when Gabbiadindi was around.

They are, unfortunately, surrounded by 2 Premiership clubs and one 1st Division side with huge support and have been ourperformed recently by Hartlepool.

We on the other hand have a chairman who is being a little careful with the purse strings now in order to fulfill Falmer without this sort of thing happening. We have a huge catchment area and only 12 years ago took nearly 34000 to Wembley. In being careful, mind you, we've won more silverware recently than in any other time during my Albion supporting days. We'll be OK.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
The Large One said:

Can we award this THE POST OF THE YEAR ?
I don't like all this big club small club talk but let's say that Darlo are not only a smaller club fanwise than us they are possibly smaller than Crawley Town. As well as this their chairman is autocratic and only built the stadium to make money out of rock concerts which the local council won't allow.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
mona said:
Can we award this THE POST OF THE YEAR ?

Well, I'm touched, and what was great was that I posted it with just five hours of the year to go.

A bit like Murray goodwin leaving it until the last game of the season to win 'Outstanding Performance of the Year' at Sussex.:clap2:

What a self important :tosser:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Our crowd history shows we in a big catergory although the 90s where a disaster our crowds have been big and can get much bigger in time.:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here