Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we avoid relegation next season

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well Rotherham are -10 points already before a ball is kicked in anger so I think we can avoid it.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Yes of course we can, I think we might surprise a few people, after all this is now officially a yo-yo club!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Dick Knight says it will be a promotion season.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
I think I shall abstain from having an opinion on whether we'll get relegated or not, bearing in mind its 9 weeks till the season starts, wait and see who we sign first.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Fair comment, but I think we have enough experience in the side, coupled with youthful enthusiasm and two seasons battling away in the Championship to ensure that we don't go straight down. Look at the comparison between us and Rotherham, they were really abjectly poor the season before last whilst we battled away and stayed up, last season we weren't as bad as some may have led us to believe but just lacked someone who could finish. The moment that changed the season for me was when Charlie was injured, we lost the leader and hard tackler in the centre of midfield, after that it was always going to be an uphill battle.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We'll be fine. You lot worry too much.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
BarrelofFun said:
I think at the moment we have a side capable of lower midtable/midtable. With some decent signings we could be buzzing around the plal offs.

:clap:

i agree. i was thinking around playoff area. but only if we make a couple of signings.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Bizarrely I am looking forward to next season more than I was the one that has just finished, perhaps it is the prospect of having a team that is more competitive or maybe just getting the odd away win which brightens up the week no end.

Grimsby Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Grimsby
The previous dosage of relegation to League 1 (div 2) saw an immediate return to the Championship (div 1). The current squad isn't that bad. Surely a second consecutive relegation to League 2 is unlikely.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
dougdeep said:
Dick Knight says it will be a promotion season.

You're kidding I hope.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here