Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will there be TOUTS outside the AMEX on match days????

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Considering the surprising amount of season tickets sold I was wondering if some of them might be being bought up by touting networks keen on selling tickets outside the ground on match days.

Unfortunately due to work constraints I can't make it back for the 6th but am crossing my fingers for a home draw in the league cup as I'll be in Blighty from 8th to 16th. But my point is that having spent over a grand on a plane ticket back to England I would have been quite happy to pay up to 100 squid for an opening day match ticket, whether it be to a tout or a fairweather fan willing to part with his ticket for that price.

So what do we think about touts at the Amex? Will it be tolerated? Are there procedures in place to stop it?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
This is great isn't it? We haven't set foot in the stadium for a game and there's worries about gaining tickets!
How long ago were (other) people saying we'd have trouble selling seats as our fanbase at Withdean was under 6,000!

Usually from Palace fans though, you have to remember they aren't too bright at the best of times.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I doubt there will be touts as there will not be tickets! Just smart cards

Is the correct answer and anyone that has really followed the development of the Falmer project would be only too well aware of that. The only way touts will get their hands on a smart card will be if they apply for one of the 1000 odd tickets available on a match by match basis. They would then have to hand over the smart card to the purchaser of their touted ticket and wouldn't be able to use that identity to apply for tickets again unless the customer gives the ticket back after the match!!!!

They may find another way but hopefully the arrangements will see the absence of touting scum from the concourse.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Jesus we have some pointless threads these days.

Usually from Palace fans though, you have to remember they aren't too bright at the best of times.

Well that's right, but they don't have our club, team, and fans that don't smell horrendous - so they have little to compare with.
There's also colour therapy - some colours are found to affect the human brain positively and some adversely.
Dark red and blue are conflicting, a warm and a cold colour together, not good.
It's the only excuses I can make for the sorry pikeys.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

I dont think its pointless. The guy's traveling at a cost of £1000 surely he's entitled to ask if if he might get a ticket.

As most of you seem pretty well clued up, what are the options for someone (from afar) who wants to take in a game but cant get one of the 1000 or so tickets on offer.
After the initial euphoria there will be times when season ticket holders wont be able to make a match. Are they able to make their tickets available?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I doubt there will be touts as there will not be tickets! Just smart cards

Away tickets won't, 1st time buyers probably won't if purchased a few days before kickoff

It wouldn't supprise me if people tried to buy tickets for the first few games for the sole purpose of selling for a profit

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm willing to bet that there are Albion fans, currently signing up for away members schemes at every Championship club...

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Are not the Goverment in the process of making it illegal to sell on a ticket above it's face value? So if a s/t sold and it was reported would the club removed said holder as the club can stopped any s/t from entering stadium.

Are not the Goverment in the process of making it illegal to sell on a ticket above it's face value? So if a s/t sold and it was reported would the club removed said holder as the club can stopped any s/t from entering stadium.

didn't Thatcher inroduce this law on football tickets during the 80's? IMO they need to introdue a law making it illegal to use a mobile whilst driving, that'll stop it!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Any event that sells out will draw touts with it. Seeing as we are virtually sold out just in STs, there is bound to be a good market there for touts, so they will be there.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
So you think touts don't operate any more because of e tickets?

Well, it'd be pretty difficult.

All Season Ticket Holders will have a smart card which will last you (i'm guessing) all season. You're hardly going to tout your smart card to someone you don't know and run the risk of never seeing it again are you?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Well, it'd be pretty difficult.

All Season Ticket Holders will have a smart card which will last you (i'm guessing) all season. You're hardly going to tout your smart card to someone you don't know and run the risk of never seeing it again are you?

Of course not, but you make the punter pay a deposit on the card. Go into any ticket agency in London and they'll be selling premier league games this way.

Plus anyone who thinks there aren't going to be one use tickets is a twat. These tickets have an uncanny way of finding their way to the touts.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I think first time customers will be issued with a paper ticket initially, then sent the smart card at a later date. At least that was the plan at one stage.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Ooh that told me didn't it. Mr NSC quality control deems the subject of ticket touting unworthy of his attention yet still reads and then posts on the thread to tell us that the subject is not worthy of his attention. An oxyMORON I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here