Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will There Be A Dvd Of Cardiff?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
For fecks sake Dick can we for once get this sorted in a reasonable time span? Its time to get the marketing right and i reckon a seasons highlights video with Swindon & Bristol tacked on would sell like hot cakes!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Ive already got one :lolol:

Albionupnorth

May 19, 2004
Manchester
I'd like to see a season highlights DVD inc Interviews stats/facts etc.

Could also tell the story of the Falmer Campagn. I'm sure the peeps at Seagulls World could provide some good footage to include.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
ManxSeagull....any luck with yours?

RM-fellow flying squad attendee of long standing;)

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The trouble with the play-off games (Swindon & Bristol City) is that Sky owns the rights. I suspect they'd charge a fortune for any DVD, making it not economically-viable for the club to do one. Remember the season highlights video from 90-91 had no coverage of the Notts County Wembley game, for much the same reason.

A DVD of the season using our own coverage, and that of other clubs, will probably be done along the normal lines.

Sky own only some of the rights. The Football League own the main rights and impose strict conditions on their licensees (including Sky and Premium TV/Seagulls World, etc).

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
The '91 play-off was released on Video by the football league. I ( & a few Notts County fans ) bought it ! ( Although it doesn't look like many Albion fans did ).

It included highlights of the semi's.

I'm fairly sure the play-off will be made available on DVD but it won't be done by the club, it'll be done by the league.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
you'd seriously part with your hard earnt (assuming you do earn it) to watch the Swindon games again ? ? ? ? :eek: are you quite mad ?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
magoo said:
i'm getting one.

a friend recorded the full build up and match with Sky+ then transfered to DVD! ave it!

Apologies for being a techie spaz but how did he do this? A friend has promised to do a transfer from SKY+ to video but obviously DVD is preferable

Thanks

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
METALMICKY said:
Apologies for being a techie spaz but how did he do this? A friend has promised to do a transfer from SKY+ to video but obviously DVD is preferable

Thanks

Not sure exactly but i assume that because Sky+ is basically a box with a hard drive he can connect to his pc which has a DVD burner and bob's your uncle.

Last edited:

magoo said:
Not sure exactly but i assume that because Sky+ is basically a box with a hard drive he can connect to his pc which has a DVD burner and bob's your uncle.

I'm afraid it's not that easy - Sky Plus uses it's own format which can't be transferred to a PC. As I understand it, the only way to do it is use a Scart to connect the Sky Plus box to a DVD Video Recorder. Somebody who has Sky + may prove me wrong but that is my understanding.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
magoo said:
i'm getting one.

a friend recorded the full build up and match with Sky+ then transfered to DVD! ave it!

Same here :clap2:

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
The Great Cornholio said:
I'm afraid it's not that easy - Sky Plus uses it's own format which can't be transferred to a PC. As I understand it, the only way to do it is use a Scart to connect the Sky Plus box to a DVD Video Recorder. Somebody who has Sky + may prove me wrong but that is my understanding.

He's probably doing that then!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here