Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will the FL let us DECIDE our opponents at our first game at Falmer?

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
seeing as they're allowing us to determine the location, can they allow us to determine the opposition too? doesn't seem outside the realms of reasonableness.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Do they have to be in the same division?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
lol no chance. But the likelyhood is that it won't be too localer side as they tend to arrange them for Xmas period I believe...

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
lol no chance. But the likelyhood is that it won't be too localer side as they tend to arrange them for Xmas period I believe...

Swansea it is then, if the Albion go up and they don't!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I have a gut feeling it will be leicester if they dont go up. Dunno why all the fanfare about our new stadium, sven in town who backed it while england boss etc

Didnt Bloom say he has asked/didnt want anyone local as the first game?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

We had Swindon this season to be fair...

So long as it's not palace I don't really care though donny would be great. Would like it to be any "nice" club that we can have a bit of a love-in with so not Pompey, west ham or dirty Leeds.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We had Swindon this season to be fair...

So long as it's not palace I don't really care though donny would be great. Would like it to be any "nice" club that we can have a bit of a love-in with so not Pompey, west ham or dirty Leeds.

True, true. I'd love Donny - and yes anyone but Palace - too much to lose if they won

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think Doncaster would be quite fitting in a way. But I think it'll be a bit of a non-event in terms of opposition. I think it will be a Barnsley, or a team like them.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

This

True, true. I'd love Donny - and yes anyone but Palace - too much to lose if they won

And this.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I have a gut feeling it will be leicester if they dont go up. Dunno why all the fanfare about our new stadium, sven in town who backed it while england boss etc

Didnt Bloom say he has asked/didnt want anyone local as the first game?

I reckon it won't be someone local or someone with a large firm (Cardiff, Leeds, Forest, Sheff Utd etc) as they'll have enough on their hands trying to get the first 22000 capacity game to run smoothly without any additional problems.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
you cant dictate who you want, but you cant dictate who you DONT want - which rules out any local clubs or teams likely to come down here and cause trouble

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Palace?
Donny?
West Ham?
Portsmouth?

Have I missed the final 17 games of the season?

its like being on a southampton or sheffield wednesday messageboard at times

Smith DID score

formerly Harvey's Best
Apr 25, 2009
Worthing
One of the three teams that drop out of the Premiership (assuming we go up!).

As long as it is'nt Wigan! I'd rather we faced Scunny on August 6th than Wigan.

Personally after Donny my second choice - if we both went up - would be Huddersfield as they would be last at Withdean and first at Falmer.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
As long as it is'nt Wigan! I'd rather we faced Scunny on August 6th than Wigan.

Personally after Donny my second choice - if we both went up - would be Huddersfield as they would be last at Withdean and first at Falmer.

Withdean is such an irrelevance to me. It's never been home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here