Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Spurs take us seriously

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
and put out a full or nearly full strength team? They play United tonight and then they have the BIG one against Chelsea on the 15th Jan.

I hope that they do as I'm not convinced that they will enjoy playing against a team who will chase and harry every ball, after all they won't want to miss the game against Chelsea, so may not be as commited as they might be.

Naive in the extreme to hope for a draw or unexpected win if we can just keep them out for the first 20 mins and give us time for the "wailing wall" to kick in, and moan and groan at them??

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I think they will need to play an almost full team since their sqaud is not big or good enough to make too many changes.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
As far as I am aware Spurs are going to play a full strength side as in the eyes of Tottenham the FA cup is the biggest part of their history and are up for winning it. At least until we knock them out anyway:angel:

They also fielded full stength sides in the Worthless cup so do not see this being any different.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I reckon they'll put out a fairly decent side, maybe Defoe on the bench as a fallback in the unlikely event that it goes tits up for them.

Despite their current form, Spurs are not good enough to field a second string side and be guaranteed a victory.

And they need the FA Cup as it's their only chance of a trophy this season. They're not Arsenal, who can afford to not care about cup competitions.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Defoe played for Bournemouth and was not initially prolific. They will struggle against us. We will close them down. We will knock them out of their stride. We will bully them. We will come away with a draw!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Perhaps the real question is will WE put out our full first team? McGhee said yesterday that his only wish was that we got through the game without any injuries.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
bha.fatboy said:
As far as I am aware Spurs are going to play a full strength side as in the eyes of Tottenham the FA cup is the biggest part of their history and are up for winning it. At least until we knock them out anyway:angel:

They also fielded full stength sides in the Worthless cup so do not see this being any different.

Entirely agree.

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
I think spurs will look at us and know that our defence is well organised and stubborn and will not risk resting key players

i agree the first 20 mins will be vital i think we will draw and then loss at home

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
GUNTER said:
Defoe played for Bournemouth and was not initially prolific.

Gunter: is that the same Jermain Defoe who scored in every one of his first ten (I think) matches for Bournemouth?

Or am I thinking of another Jermain Defoe....

:p

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I hope they play their front side, it will be a good test and benchmardk for our lot and those who want away can show how 'good' they are. Are you listening dan!

geoffreyp

Oct 4, 2004
rustington
Wardywonderland said:
I think they will need to play an almost full team since their sqaud is not big or good enough to make too many changes.
hey wardywonderland
meant to ask you, how did your freebie bet go the other day? the one with celtic 1/14

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
They will put out a very-near full strength team - Jol likes to keep the Edman/Naybet/King/Pamarot back line together, only normally rotating the three strikers and the wide players.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
They'll put out a full strength team as the FA Cup is their only chance of a win this year, and if they don't and then we beat them Jol (sp?) will come in for some real stick.

Anyway - we're gonna win, they won't know how to beat us (and hopefully they'll be over-confident)

Spurs are on a hiding to nothing:
If they put out a full strength side and win, then that's what everyone will expect, and get stick for not resting players.
If they put out a full strength side and lose then they'll get stick.

:ascarf: :ascarf: :ascarf:

White Hart Lane - at the age of 13 was first ground I ever went to with my late father (Hi Dad!!) :wave:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
geoffreyp said:
hey wardywonderland
meant to ask you, how did your freebie bet go the other day? the one with celtic 1/14

Got 3 out of 4 up, with Sunderland letting me down. But got just under a £100 back though. Will pay for the beer at Spurs and a few more copies of Seagulls SKA

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
They will put out a full strength side, for 2 reasons.

1) They are playuing a big side for a change

2) This is their cup final!!!!

:D :p

geoffreyp

Oct 4, 2004
rustington
Wardywonderland said:
Got 3 out of 4 up, with Sunderland letting me down. But got just under a £100 back though. Will pay for the beer at Spurs and a few more copies of Seagulls SKA

nice one mate, have a good day out up at WHL. well remember when i used to go to watch spurs in late 60's early 70's, when brighton were playing away. Greavesie, Gilzean,Peters,Jennings,Mike England to name but a few and of course dave mackay. Am going to plump for a half-time draw/fulltime brighton. only a small wager though

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
I think they will, as the FA Cup is there only chance of a trophy this year. I guess a few names will be rested, but at least one of Keane, Kanuote and the overated Defoe will play. Also players like Marney (who scored for them the other day) will probably get a run out in this one.

over rated defoe?

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
With half their team apparently Southampton bound they might only have 16 left who will need to play us.

Just hope that the FDM has a blinder and we get a Guy Butters (50/1) winning goal to make it worthwhile.:lolol:

Would like to see Harding start, play brilliantly then Rangers can spend some ofthe £8m from Boumsong on him and we can all stop worrying where the Falmer pot is going to end. :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

I'll get me coat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here