Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Rooney be the last soccerball player sex scandal?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes I know it's wishful thinking and will never happen.

But I've been thinking since the weekend, as profiles of soccerball players have risen, being linked daily with slappers and prostitutes in all the press TV and radio around the world, must be horrendous.

Time and time again, it's the same thing, Rooney, Terry, et al but surely others following them (lets say Walcott) must be thinking 'this ain't great publicity, and will cost with endorsements, maybe international caps'.

I guess I'm applying my logic and sensibilities to 'gods', as I would be mortified if I/my family were dragged through this.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its Fergies fault.
Getting married at 22, he's not shagged anywhere NEAR enough grannies by that stage, not had a chance to get it out of his system has he.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Fair point, it's been a long day, try the edit.

No worries. I am shattered too so probably didn't read it properly.

I don't think it will be the last though. You will never stop young, cocky, rich blokes playing the bitches'n'bling thing. Some of the more intelligent ones will probably take heed, but there will also be some who see it as a glamorous way to live through their twenties

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Its Fergies fault.
Getting married at 22, he's not shagged anywhere NEAR enough grannies by that stage, not had a chance to get it out of his system has he.
. This is half a correct answer IMO.
The other half is that we'll keep hearing about their sex lives all the while the press consider that British people have a fascination for their sex lives.

I really can honestly say I couldn't care less about Rooney shagging a brass. Terry's case was more interesting because of the affect on the world cup team, but generally I find it seriously tiresome.

And one final thing, Rooney's marriage is now ruined. I'm sure lots of marriages have this sort of thing to deal with, but not in the public gaze. I genuinely feel for them both.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
. I really can honestly say I couldn't care less about Rooney shagging a brass. Terry's case was more interesting because of the affect on the world cup team, but generally I find it seriously tiresome.
The talking head on 5-live, who was saying, pretty much, what I was thinking said this will always make papers money.

I listen to the PTI podcast from ESPN, American show American sport all the way, Rooney was even on that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
he is a footballer!!! Not a soccerball player :rant: :angry:
ooohh someone's the same age as the Premiersh*te.

Sorry 93, just me being and old man.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
From what I hear from multiple sources there is another England player who has been up to no good and has got a super-injunction preventing the media telling everyone about it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Its a personal problem which is not our business, I think its high time the media gets its act sorted out.

It's unfortunately not a personal problem all the times products and services are sold off the back of an image, rather than the ability to play football.

You can't on one hand get a large fee from a newspaper for serialising your personal life, then complain when another newspaper starts printing stories that won't make it in the next book.

His wife is currently making a living (in part) from being married to him and I was reading in the newspapers this morning that she can now make more money because of what's happened.

Sorry - I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for any of them.

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
From what I hear from multiple sources there is another England player who has been up to no good and has got a super-injunction preventing the media telling everyone about it.
Is he the one who plays for the team just across the park from Everton?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

There were reported to be 3 a week ago.

It's all been reported in the newspapers. They are allowed to print of their existence since another newspaper (which wasn't the subject of the super injunction) printed they er.. existed.

It's all rather silly.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's unfortunately not a personal problem all the times products and services are sold off the back of an image, rather than the ability to play football.

You can't on one hand get a large fee from a newspaper for serialising your personal life, then complain when another newspaper starts printing stories that won't make it in the next book.

Sorry - I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever.
If someone offered you £300k in exchange for you writing a crap book, would you

a) say "oh alright then" and pocket the cash
or
b) say "No, because if my marriage hits the rocks in 3 years time and I get caught playing away, some keyboard warriors will think I had it coming"

Sorry, I can't get too sanctimoneous over this.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If someone offered you £300k in exchange for you writing a crap book, would you

a) say "oh alright then" and pocket the cash
or
b) say "No, because if my marriage hits the rocks in 3 years time and I get caught playing away, some keyboard warriors will think I had it coming"

Sorry, I can't get too sanctimoneous over this.

Who is being sanctimoneous ? It was in response to post that suggest it was his private life and no-one else's business.

I'm just stating that if you are going to start making money out of your image, like any other product you have to look after it. I really don't care who he's been shagging, I'm just saying I have very little sympathy.

You can't claim a right to privacy if you've got someone else selling it on your behalf... and if reports are true, that was the judges opinion too.

I'd imagine there are hundreds of people in the public eye, who have turned down the chance of having a crap book written about them and probably not invited their press to the wedding either.

If you don't want to lose that little game every now and then, don't start playing it.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But coming back onto topic.
Injunction, super injunctions, lawyers, advisors, hefty legal fees, on and on and on.

My point being why would you put yourself through it, having watched others do it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here