Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Prezza be allowed to put in a good word for us?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
better hope he doesn't offer a pork pie or any water

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I doubt it judging by the way other ministers would always say nothing before JP decision before. It'll have nothing to do with him anymore. :(

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Think we need LB's views on this as he seems to understand all this Polotics stuff a damn sight better than I do. I thought that it had already been agreed that the wording was wrong on one part and the rest of the decision stands:shrug:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
B.M.F said:
Think we need LB's views on this as he seems to understand all this Polotics stuff a damn sight better than I do. I thought that it had already been agreed that the wording was wrong on one part and the rest of the decision stands:shrug:

No planning permission was revoked. If Prescott was in charge he would have seen the case and need only react to the change of wording. Ruth Kelly will have to go through the whole thing and maker her own decision from scratch. I'd love LB to tell me I'm wrong though.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Turkey said:
No planning permission was revoked. If Prescott was in charge he would have seen the case and need only react to the change of wording. Ruth Kelly will have to go through the whole thing and maker her own decision from scratch. I'd love LB to tell me I'm wrong though.

'Tis my fear, too.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I work in Govt. Prescotts responsibilities have been taken away from him. Therefore his direct involvement comes to an end.

It is her decision now. I dont think it will change, why should it. But, there is obviously the chance that she may want to "take another look" instead of just sending out a re-worded letter.

I just fear that its more delays. Although hopefully I am wrong and the letter to LDC will be on its way shortly

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
DIFFBROOK said:
I work in Govt. Prescotts responsibilities have been taken away from him. Therefore his direct involvement comes to an end.

It is her decision now. I dont think it will change, why should it. But, there is obviously the chance that she may want to "take another look" instead of just sending out a re-worded letter.

I just fear that its more delays. Although hopefully I am wrong and the letter to LDC will be on its way shortly

His responsibilities may have been taken away, Diff, but do you think he might still have a quiet word in her ear and explain the campaign we've peacefully and humorously waged etc, give her a little background to the issue?

If he did do that and was found out, would he be for the chop?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Whatever happens it's still a Lib Dem council trying to take on a Labour gov Department.

I just hopes she dislikes Norman Baker as much as Prescott does.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
eastlondonseagull said:
His responsibilities may have been taken away, Diff, but do you think he might still have a quiet word in her ear and explain the campaign we've peacefully and humorously waged etc, give her a little background to the issue?

If he did do that and was found out, would he be for the chop?

He might, just in the same way as Ivor Caplin (ex Mod Minister) probably did.

But its Ruths decision now. The same Civil Servants that advised Prescott, will now advise Kelly. As long as that advice was in favour of Falmer and That Prezza didn't overide it (which would be quite something), then we have nothing to worry about...in decision terms.

But she may well want to look at it thoroughly and this could result in delays. Not something we want.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Given Norman Baker's rabid dislike of Prezza, perhaps the change to Ruth Kelly will be positive....it might allow him (and therefore those he influences) to be a little more logical....?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Jim in the West said:
Given Norman Baker's rabid dislike of Prezza, perhaps the change to Ruth Kelly will be positive....it might allow him (and therefore those he influences) to be a little more logical....?
:jester: A bit optimistic I fear.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
do we need to have a concerted campaign to Ruth kelly just to make sure ?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
This is just chapter 99 in Book One of a Trilogy as boring and even longer than Lord of the Rings.

It'll go on and on and on and on and on.

I didn't have a glass of shampoo in October because I didn't believe it was really the big YES, nor that it'll happen in my lifetime. Tell me it happened when I am sitting in my seat there.

In todays episode The Fat Twat has been seen off by the Norman Wanker. And if you really think the appointment of Ruth "failed in every other job" Kelly is a positive move then you probably thought we were unlucky to go down and that the turning point of the season was when Stoke's fifth goal went in.

Its all bollocks and I'm as f***ed off and pesimistic today as the day I walked off the Goldstone pitch.

I'm sick of the debate, the lobbying, the prevaricating and the inability of anyone to just say "Right, let's just get on with it because democracy demands it" and f*** the half a dozen nimbys who live near the pond.

Apart from that, I'm fairly upbeat

:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here