Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Prescotts decision have an effect on the local Elections?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
OK so its now October, the Public Inquiry starts again soon and Prescott is due to make his mind up "by the end of the year".

Now, judging by the number of people who want the stadium (at least 60,000+ according to the boards at Withdean although less than that live in the UK remember) compared to the NIMBYS who dont want it (500+ roughly?), would it be fair to say that with a BIG election coming up for Blair & Labour would Prescoot stop to think about the Labour votes in Brighton if he we're to say YES/NO either way?

OK so Falmer has nothing to do with elections/voting, but people do vote and do not vote for different reasons and I know many Brighton fans who would certainly NOT vote for Labour in this region if he said NO, would Prescott take this possible scenario into condiseration as he may gain/lose alot of votes for it...

...Discuss

There are a shed load of reasons not to vote for this shower; however, using the elections as a bargaining chip for Falmer sounds like a good idea - I think a judicious letter to your local Labour candidate saying as much might just concentrate minds.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
CrabtreeBHA said:
OK so its now October, the Public Inquiry starts again soon and Prescott is due to make his mind up "by the end of the year".

Now, judging by the number of people who want the stadium (at least 60,000+ according to the boards at Withdean although less than that live in the UK remember) compared to the NIMBYS who dont want it (500+ roughly?), would it be fair to say that with a BIG election coming up for Blair & Labour would Prescoot stop to think about the Labour votes in Brighton if he we're to say YES/NO either way?

OK so Falmer has nothing to do with elections/voting, but people do vote and do not vote for different reasons and I know many Brighton fans who would certainly NOT vote for Labour in this region if he said NO, would Prescott take this possible scenario into condiseration as he may gain/lose alot of votes for it...

...Discuss

I thought that the 65,000 people were the ones that voted in the local referendum which means it is only Brighton and Hove residents in the actual number?

If that is the case then it could well put the bejeebers up him!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
fatbadger said:
There are a shed load of reasons not to vote for this shower; however, using the elections as a bargaining chip for Falmer sounds like a good idea - I think a judicious letter to your local Labour candidate saying as much might just concentrate minds.

There are even more reasons for not voting for the even bigger shower on the other side of the house...including their party's continually holding back the Albion when they were the political force in B&H. They need reminding of that too!

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
Probably will because if he says no will all you Brighton supporting people vote him in again? That is the question that needs to be answered

I'm Brian and so is my wife said:
There are even more reasons for not voting for the even bigger shower on the other side of the house...including their party's continually holding back the Albion when they were the political force in B&H. They need reminding of that too!

There are more than two parties, you know!!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
ok so if the 65,000+ are local residents (confirmation anyone?) then surely it must be atken into consideration and decision that Prescott makes will have a certain percentage affect on the outcome of local by-elections + the big one when that happens.

I think this needs to be stirred up on a political website forum, BBC news forum or something...get an outsider's view on things.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It was a referendum-not names on a petition, letters, etc. which means only B&H residents could vote.

A very powerful local endorsement which any politician would be stupid to ignore. The actual numbers may have been 62k but nonetheless well over 60,000.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
At the Fans Forum at the Concorde in February Dick Knight heavily hinted that as long as this town is Labour then it is very likely that the Falmer case will be stronger.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
failed to find *ANY* type of discussion forum for political views and the like, maybe they dont exist due to various reasons, if anyone knows of a decent one let me know as I want outside views on this. Could even turn into an article for the Arsegas as it has potential to go NATIONAL!

Remember where & who you heard it from first wont you boys :)

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
I'm Brian and so is my wife said:

I thought the Tory council helped us out....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here