Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will murray stay or go??

Will Murray sign new contract?

• Total voters

pintsawhiskey

Apr 17, 2010
bn1
After the way he has played this season and the last few games, i think its pivotal to get us getting promoted this year. Really thought he would of signed by now! We obviously want him but does he want us!!??:albion1:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Difficult to say, maybe his little hand signal after every goal has some meaning we don't know..........

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
After the way he has played this season and the last few games, i think its pivotal to get us getting promoted this year. Really thought he would of signed by now! We obviously want him but does he want us!!??:albion1:

Judging by his post match interview and Gus' earlier comments about talking to his agent I would say he isn't going anywhere

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
at least his value has gone up a few £100k in the past few weeks. If he stays (fit) we go up, if he leaves promotion will depend on the quality of his replacement.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He is under contract until the end of the season.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
But he is free to talk to clubs now? Maybe also agree to join them?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think he'll stay - all that nonsense about being homesick for somewhere 'oop north' seems to have died down. I think he (and hopefully his agent too) knows that Gus and TB are certainly going to play hard-ball over the new contract, and that he won't double his wages overnight.
Of course, at the end of the day any player is available for sale if the price offered is huge enough..........................

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Well it depends if we have any competition for his services. He can sign a pre-contract agreement anytime in January with another club if he is not happy with what he is being offered here. Of course he can also be sold in January if both parties agree to the deal being offered by the buying club.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Didn't Poyet say last year he wouldn't negotiate contracts in the middle of the season (thus pissing off MeMeMe Forster)?*

*and then promptly gave El Abd a new one, which in hindsight has been the best decision he ever made :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
FFS how many times does Gus have to say he's not discussing deals till Jan - Chill.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Didn't Poyet say last year he wouldn't negotiate contracts in the middle of the season (thus pissing off MeMeMe Forster)?*

*and then promptly gave El Abd a new one, which in hindsight has been the best decision he ever made :lolol:

He said that after he gave El-Abd a new contract. He said it was because he was the best defender at the club.

oxfordseagull

Nov 29, 2010
Oxford from the South
when wood came off gus was all cuddly, didn't do it with glen so that got me thinking, him and charlie had a good cuddle, I have no idea and can't see for the life of me why gus or murray would want to part company, surely a new contract on slightly better terms with better terms if promoted? But a striker in top form scoring goals must know this is the place to be and so must gus, didn't bennett get a new contract not so long ago?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Sure lots of teams would be interested if he hits open market. I'd think worth offering him a good new deal as he's best striker at club. As mentioned we did it with Adam so why not Glenn? Don't have to give him a massive raise unless we go up, but either way with Amex money to come, we should try to keep our best players rather than loose them for nothing and pay big signing fees plus possible transfer fees to players who'd have to settle in too.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Last season Gus didnt want to negotiate contracts with players until he knew what division we would be playing in.
Although we dont know what division we will be in next season the scenario is entirely different isnt it.
The El-Abd deal was apparantly offered to the player in December (before stating that we wouldnt be negotiating until we knew what division we would be in), El-Abd Just didnt sign it until January which caused all the problems with Forster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here