Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will I get a ticket for Sheff Weds???

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
How does this ticketing malarky work these days?

I'm travelling down to Brighton for the sheffield Weds game with a load of northern monkey friends of mine on their coach (they're all scarfers').

Can I just ring the ticket office when the tickets go on sale, buy one and then collect it from the ground on the day?

This will only be my second trip to the Amex, the first being the Forest game last season and I used someones season ticket who couldn't attend.

I paid my £10 to join the Away Members Scheme so I should be registered with the club, although I haven't bought a ticket through the ticket office for years as I tend to only go to away games.

I need to make sure I get a ticket as i have Paid for my space on their coach and have been bigging up Vicente to them all summer, so i'll look a bit of a prat if i can't get in the ground.

Thanks .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How does this ticketing malarky work these days?

I'm travelling down to Brighton for the sheffield Weds game with a load of northern monkey friends of mine on their coach (they're all scarfers').

Can I just ring the ticket office when the tickets go on sale, buy one and then collect it from the ground on the day?

This will only be my second trip to the Amex, the first being the Forest game last season and I used someones season ticket who couldn't attend.

I paid my £10 to join the Away Members Scheme so I should be registered with the club, although I haven't bought a ticket through the ticket office for years as I tend to only go to away games.

I need to make sure I get a ticket as i have Paid for my space on their coach and have been bigging up Vicente to them all summer, so i'll look a bit of a prat if i can't get in the ground.

Thanks .

Have you tried logging into the ticketing site with your fan number from the AWS (sure they migrated over?)

If not, try creating an account.

If all else fails ring them.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Have you tried logging into the ticketing site with your fan number from the AWS (sure they migrated over?)

If not, try creating an account.

If all else fails ring them.

To be honest it is about 10 years since i paid my tenner to join the AMS and i don't think i ever had a number. If i did, i never needed it and just told them my name and address.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Try and create an account on the new ticketing site, if that fails, ring them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The AMS is history.

If you've never had a FAN number you'll be on zero loyalty points, which means there will be others ahead of you in the queue for the remaining available tickets. You might not be able to apply when they first go on sale. Best hope there are still some tickets left once those with loyalty points have bought theirs.

Or keep an eye on the ticket exchange, with it having been switched to a Friday I expect there will be a few spares floating about.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
The AMS is history.

If you've never had a FAN number you'll be on zero loyalty points, which means there will be others ahead of you in the queue for the remaining available tickets. You might not be able to apply when they first go on sale. Best hope there are still some tickets left once those with loyalty points have bought theirs.

Or keep an eye on the ticket exchange, with it having been switched to a Friday I expect there will be a few spares floating about.

loyalty points?? I've been to just about every away game in the last 10 years!!!!!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
loyalty points?? I've been to just about every away game in the last 10 years!!!!!

That means nothing unless you bought from the club

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

But as you said, you don't buy from the club. So how the club know about you.

Its been like this for a long while!

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
The AMS is history.

Jesus, do they take loyalty points in to account when buying home tickets! Thought it was just away matches!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Prove it.

I don't doubt it btw, but this loyalty points system was introduced at the start of last season, and your ticket purchasing history with the club has commenced from then on (IF you've bought your tickets via the club obviously). STH's who had been STH's for something like 5 years + at Withdean were awarded the biggest slab of loyalty points for renewing at the Amex, and the number of loyalty points awarded went on a downward scale from there.

STH's and non-STH's have been accumulating points through their ticket purchasing all last season, so naturally they'll have a head-start on you now.

You'll probably still be alright though, I'd be surprised if you didn't manage to snaffle a ticket off someone on here who can't make it now its a Friday game.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Last edited:

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Seeing as first 2 home games still have a few hundred available, weeks after going on sale, I don't think availability will be a problem. Loyalty points may be required, but I would have thought unlikely. Even though Wednesday are a big club, they do not have the draw down here of some of the more local teams.

They may well require you to have a prior booking history though, to prevent away fans getting in home areas. If I was you, I would call the ticket office, they do try to help.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

you joined 2003 have over 3000 posts it really beggars belief you are not aware of the loyalty scheme!

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
you joined 2003 have over 3000 posts it really beggars belief you are not aware of the loyalty scheme!

A bit of ignorance i suppose. I had a season ticket for Withers between 2001-2005 but as i am in the Armed Forces and was based in Northern Ireland at the time (i used to fly over on a saturday morning and back saturday evening) it was getting harder and harder to get to every game, so i gave up my season ticket. Due to my job i have never know where i'll be from one week to the next so it's stupid buying tickets in advance. During the Withdean years i would occasionaly decide on a friday that i would drive down to Brighton for the game, so i'd phone the ticket office on a saturday morning, buy a ticket, then pick it up from that little hut thing at Withdean.

During the Withdean years i went to most away games. As i am based in the Midlands most away games are easier for me to get to than home games, but again as i couldnt plan things too far in advance i always made my decicion in the week leading up and then paid on the gate. So i've never bought an away ticket through the Albion.

For the majority of the big games i've always been able to get a ticket (late doors once i know i can make the game) through mates who have connections within the club so becoming a member of the latest scheme has never been that important to me.

Having bigged us up to my Sheff Weds supporting mate all last season he's asked if i want to travel down to the Amex on the supporters coach with him for the game next month, so i just want to assure myself a ticket as soon as possible rather than leaving it to the last min like usual and taking my chances.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A bit of ignorance i suppose. I had a season ticket for Withers between 2001-2005 but as i am in the Armed Forces and was based in Northern Ireland at the time (i used to fly over on a saturday morning and back saturday evening) it was getting harder and harder to get to every game, so i gave up my season ticket. Due to my job i have never know where i'll be from one week to the next so it's stupid buying tickets in advance. During the Withdean years i would occasionaly decide on a friday that i would drive down to Brighton for the game, so i'd phone the ticket office on a saturday morning, buy a ticket, then pick it up from that little hut thing at Withdean.

During the Withdean years i went to most away games. As i am based in the Midlands most away games are easier for me to get to than home games, but again as i couldnt plan things too far in advance i always made my decicion in the week leading up and then paid on the gate. So i've never bought an away ticket through the Albion.

For the majority of the big games i've always been able to get a ticket (late doors once i know i can make the game) through mates who have connections within the club so becoming a member of the latest scheme has never been that important to me.

Having bigged us up to my Sheff Weds supporting mate all last season he's asked if i want to travel down to the Amex on the supporters coach with him for the game next month, so i just want to assure myself a ticket as soon as possible rather than leaving it to the last min like usual and taking my chances.

Hopefully you'll get your ticket. I suppose it's my grumpiness getting the better of me but there have been a number of posts of late that have asked questions that would have taken longer to write and get a response from others, than quickly looking at the club's website and getting the definitive answer, and not some dreamt up bullshit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here