Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Hoskins

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The interesting point is the Rovers fans are looking at Tunnicliffe plus cash which would probably suit both clubs if it comes off. We paid £125k so Tunnicliffe plus up to £500k would represent good business in my eyes.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Hoskins was superb against us down at Brizzle: & judging by some of those goals on the Roth tribute - he'd certainly excite me if he comes here in the summer. As BG just said, a part-swap deal with Tunnicliffe would be a triffick bit of biz imo.

Last edited:

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Hoskins was superb against us down at Brizzle: & judging by some of those goals on the Roth tribute - he'd certainly excite me if he comes here in the summer. As BG just said, a part-swap deal with Tunnicliffe would be a triffick bit of biz imo.

Agreed
Looks a class act
I like his simple goal celebration too giving the fist

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Hoskins signed for the Albion a month ago. The deal was for him to stay at Rovers to the end of this season, in part, to try & keep them up.

Not sure about that. It was outside the transfer window so the only deal we could do was a loan deal with a fee agreed to make the move permanent in the summer.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
There is no doubt that Gus wanted to sign Hoskins during the loan window so I think there's a strong chance that he'll be on his way here. Let's just hope that he proves to be a late bloomer.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Sorry but your source is not quite right. Hoskins was needed at the time but will now simply be one of many options. The budget being handed to Gus will allow for these other options to be realised and if Gus decides he has found someone he believes would be better, then that will be that. Couple of other minor points I picked up from yesterday is that nothing sorted with Murray as yet (No surprise) and that Buckingham have been awarded the contract to redo Molyneux!
I spoke to one of the Buckingham group who told me their next job was Nottinham Forest,however time will tell.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Hoskins would be an interesting signing and he did look great at Bristol Rovers (only player of theirs who looked any good). We do need a proven Championship goalscorer (I do realise that they don't grow on trees) and Hoskins does not fit that bill. However, he would be interesting as an extra striker as we need two (or even three if Murray goes). I think the key is when he was in the Championship last time he was younger and he was also not managed by Gus Poyet. The number of players who have improved dramatically after working with Gus and his backroom staff is amazing. If Hoskins is good enough for Gus, he is good enough for me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The only concern about Hoskins was the reputed £1m fee but I suppose that is not our concern it is down to TB. If we could part ex Tunnicliffe it would help as obviously he doesnt appear to figure in Gus plans although I cannot see why as he is a ball playing centre back who may learn from more training and coaching from God.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
The only concern about Hoskins was the reputed £1m fee but I suppose that is not our concern it is down to TB. If we could part ex Tunnicliffe it would help as obviously he doesnt appear to figure in Gus plans although I cannot see why as he is a ball playing centre back who may learn from more training and coaching from God.

Most of the rovers fans I know think tunnicliffe is a slow lumbering lump.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
That's because they haven't. If I'm right, which I think I am, Wood holds the record for most goals scored whilst on loan from another club. Hardly shit really.

True BUT he has had a rather long loan spell. Most strikers we have had have been a month or two. Wood has had a good 6? months here.

He did have a purple patch around Jan/Feb but from March it is fair to say he did go off the boil somewhat. Basically a couple of games before intl duty and since he got back.

*edit* thats not to say he was shit, but that I think we should shake his hand, thank him for what he did and look elsewhere, but if Gus signed him then who are we to argue.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wood holds the ALBION record for most goals scored on loan, not the overall one. Not a chance.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can't be bothered to think of any others, but ratboy Defoe scored 18 in 29 games, on loan at Bournemouth.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Lots of rumours surrounding Hoskins. In the last few days he has reportedly been going to sign for us, Leyton Orient, Huddersfield, Sheffeld Wednesday, Scunthorpe and Yeovil that I have seen.

Time will tell. He reportedly had his boots packed ready to come to us in the transfer window and they are interested in Tunnicliffe which puts us in the driving seat. However they have decided not to give Campbell the manager's job and appointing someone is probably their priority rather than selling their biggest asset

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here