Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Gus make any loan signings by Thursday's deadline?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Yay or nay??

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Got a feeling he may try and get Davide Somma on loan from Leeds with a view to a Perm deal.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My suspicion is that he would have done if results had gone against us yesterday and today, but the fact that Posh and SCC managed a point between them will mean he now won't bother.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Would'nt be surprised to see a striker and another wide player come in as back up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he can find the right player, and it will have to be a good one, then yes. If not, then no. So we will either have a blinding forward arrive or we'll make do with what we have. I have to confess to being somewhat underwhelmed by Wood anyway. I hope Barnes makes a speedy recovery, I like him and would rather he got fit than we brought someone else in at his expense.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Doesn't need to. We only lose Wood for one game and Agdestein, Sandaza and Hart are good enough cover between the three of them for that one game. Would love to see Fran start. I don't think Barnes will be out for more than a week or two anyway. As for centre back cover, again, Elphick and Dunk will more than do the job between them.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Striker to take some of the chances we create, and a central defender, because I don't think Elphick is up to it. Throw sentiment out of the window.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
where is that bull shiter gone that said Murphy was coming from the arse on Monday for 1 month

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees complicated

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Doesn't need to. We only lose Wood for one game and Agdestein, Sandaza and Hart are good enough cover between the three of them for that one game. Would love to see Fran start. I don't think Barnes will be out for more than a week or two anyway. As for centre back cover, again, Elphick and Dunk will more than do the job between them.

Not sure I share your optimism, Sandaza has done nothing to prove he's a 90 minute player, Agdestein is an untried rookie and Hart has done nothing for 2 years. If Barnes injury takes a few weeks to heal & either Wood or Murray pick up a knock it leaves us a bit short of options up front.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Not sure I share your optimism, Sandaza has done nothing to prove he's a 90 minute player, Agdestein is an untried rookie and Hart has done nothing for 2 years. If Barnes injury takes a few weeks to heal & either Wood or Murray pick up a knock it leaves us a bit short of options up front.

To be fair, Sandaza hasn't really had the chance to prove what he can do over 90 minutes. If there really was a disaster and we were left with just Wood or Murray, I'd be happy with a 4-5-1 with Bennett and Noone on the wings, like we used to do with Lua Lua. It would only last for a couple of matches and we have the opportunity to take a few risks in our position.

Alternatively, bringing in a loan player, if they weren't the right player, could disrupt the harmony in the squad, demotivate other players that they replace and would probably take a few games at least to settle into our style of play. By which time, Barnes would probably be fit anyway.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Hope so, could really do with some more cover should we be without Barnes for any length of time and possibly someone who can play anywhere across the back line. I do think that it should only be someone who Gus is keen on for next year though, so probably difficult to get them at this stage of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here