Most of the work in now inside the stands

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
should be ok as i think i spotted a roof over much of the building site,

need a bit of sun at some stage though to help the grass grow

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
have a look on the webcam there working as normal, moving those piles of dirt away and working on stands, there only snow on the floor so lots can still be done :)

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I mentioned a while ago that I didn't want any snow to ensure there are no problems are Falmer. People quite rightly told me off for being over-dramatic, but the main issues would be the workers getting there. Shouldn't be anywhere near enough disruption to delay it though **fingers crossed**

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
No... Martin Perry has often said that bad winter weather was taken into account..

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I mentioned a while ago that I didn't want any snow to ensure there are no problems are Falmer. People quite rightly told me off for being over-dramatic, but the main issues would be the workers getting there. Shouldn't be anywhere near enough disruption to delay it though **fingers crossed**

Dont many of the workers live on site

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It could delay things over a continuous period of time - a contract period can only allow for a certain amount of inclement weather, and any 'force majeure' i.e act of God, allows the contractor to apply for an extension of time. Physically you cannot lay bricks or blocks at 5 deg or below (although technically you can at 3 deg if the temperature is rising). The biggest delay caused on a site this big is probably Health & Safety i.e. not being able to see trip hazards, risks of slipping etc. etc. That said, at this stage the contractor should be able to juggle his programme enough to ensure much of the work is happening internally as others have said.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
cold usualy affects setting concrete/cement, and workers getting to site. dont think either is an issue now.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
They're working at the county ground still and its minus 1!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
It could delay things over a continuous period of time - a contract period can only allow for a certain amount of inclement weather, and any 'force majeure' i.e act of God, allows the contractor to apply for an extension of time. Physically you cannot lay bricks or blocks at 5 deg or below (although technically you can at 3 deg if the temperature is rising). The biggest delay caused on a site this big is probably Health & Safety i.e. not being able to see trip hazards, risks of slipping etc. etc. That said, at this stage the contractor should be able to juggle his programme enough to ensure much of the work is happening internally as others have said.

Text book!!:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here