Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will CKR be a regular starter this season?

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
I think he will be. I've only seen him at Worthing, but I would play him and Knight.

Unfortunately, Jake looked much worse than I would have expected. :(

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I would have to agree. Perhaps Jake is trying too hard.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
He will feature regularly because basically there were other teams after him and we have obviously said to him, "you join us and you will be first on the team-sheet". That simple really.

Oh and not to mention the fact he looks quality so far.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Last edited:

Despite his age and inexperience, he will start because he's a much better player than all our others.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Jake was stuck out on the right wing against Worthing, not really fair to judge him when he is out of position. Looks like he would have played there in France too.

I would expect CKR and Leon to start up front, maybe Virgo and CKR if the centre of defence is covered and we don't need Virgs there.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Citrus said:
I think he will be. I've only seen him at Worthing, but I would play him and Knight.

Unfortunately, Jake looked much worse than I would have expected. :(

I cannot believe that anyone is taking seriously the performances of certain individuals during pre-season friendlies as an indicator to how they are going to do during the football season.

Incidentally, Thimble is right. CKR came to us above the other contenders for his signature because he was pretty much promised first-team football.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: Will CKR be a regular starter this season?

The Large One said:
I cannot believe that anyone is taking seriously the performances of certain individuals during pre-season friendlies as an indicator to how they are going to do during the football season.

Apart from getting up to match fitness isn't that one of the main reasons for pre-season friendlies? For players to get noticed and stake their claim for a place when the season starts?

Re: Re: Will CKR be a regular starter this season?

The Large One said:
Incidentally, Thimble is right. CKR came to us above the other contenders for his signature because he was pretty much promised first-team football.

Slightly different emphasis than that I feel. McGhee is not the kind of manager to give any player a free meal ticket. What he would probably have been told was that he would be given a fair opportunity to fight for a first-team spot straight away, which is not quite the same thing as a promise.

C K-R's advisers are not stupid, they would have known that we were playing a defender up front last season, so they would have calculated the odds for their boy from that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here