Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkinson off on loan

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Havant & Waterlooville for 1 month according to the Official website.
Seagulls.co.uk

Also Bognor want Beck to stay: Good or Bad for us? One for the future I thought...discuss!

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What the f*** has this got to do with Safeway.

Lock it now!!

Seriously though, I will trust whatever Coppell thinks for these two. Personally i think Wilkinson is no more than a bench player and Beck will have to improve graetly to get anywhere near the first team.

Down to Stevie for me.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
He may prove to be quality over time. I thought Wilkinson looked one of the better youngsters, whom Hinshelwood pitched in at the deep end together, before they were ready.

It's another one off the payroll for a while, anyway. Reckon they're saving up for something? ???

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
More money in th epot to bring in someone in midfield when kanchelskis decides not to sign.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Part of the problem is that the reserves haven't got many matches to get match fit and it is also saving money for any loan signings we are wanting to get in.

Good management I would call it (not in the case of Michel thought)

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I don't think this is about saving money so much as developing the younger lads as players. It's got to be better that they're playing regular meaningful games rather than pratting around in the occasional reserve game.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Semantics here...

I think it is mainly about money - maybe not 'saving' it, but certainly 'freeing it up' for when Coppell thinks he needs it and/or an opportunity becomes available to him. He's working the playing squad hard to obtain maximum benefit for his budget £££s.

Good work fella, I say.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
How much money do you save by sending Wilkinso off to a Dr Martens league outfit for a month? I doubt they're paying his wages in full so the money freed up isn't going to get us much.
Still if it's about the money or the players development or both it's still good work, no?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Absolutely right on both counts.

I think Coppell's budget is that tight that 'every little helps' and all that. Wilkinson might not be much, but Wilkinson, Marney, Wilson-Denis will add up to a bit. Throw in (or throw out)Kuipers as well, and Coppell is starting to make a decent saving.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Whats the diffrence between this season and last season in money terms bar gate reciepts mmmm.
We sold zammo saved a bomb on releasing others and put ticket prices up,so for crying out loud we should have a fair bit surley.

WHO'S THE THEIF AT THE WITHDEAN?:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

O.k so lets say all the zammo money went to falmer,so what about all the saved funds on released players etc mmm.:nono:

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
berkshire seagull said:
Whats the diffrence between this season and last season in money terms bar gate reciepts mmmm.
We sold zammo saved a bomb on releasing others and put ticket prices up,so for crying out loud we should have a fair bit surley.

WHO'S THE THEIF AT THE WITHDEAN?:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

O.k so lets say all the zammo money went to falmer,so what about all the saved funds on released players etc mmm.:nono:

I think I'm right in saying Div 2 clubs get a hell of a lot less from sky than Div 1 clubs. Also shares of away gate receipts will be a lot smaller.

Dunkstar

Jul 6, 2003
Up a Hill
I think they're killing two birds with one stone here a)they save the money on his wages,and b)he gets some fitness and experience!Can't be bad!:p

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It would help if we had got the parachute money from Wolves, Leicester and Pompey.

The tickets for Boro are £10 so there is going to have be a big turnout from their fans.
Having looked at their site over the last couple of seasons, that doesn't appear to be the case.
So no big payout there.

We would have got some money from Sky for the QPR game though.

Johners

Jul 6, 2003
Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
I would imagine that the lack of regular reserve team games is part of the reason why some of the back up squad members are being loaned to non league clubs to ensure they get some meaningful mnatch practice - possibly.

As far as the money goes, when the ideas for salary limits being introduced in the Nationwide leagues over the next year or two waas being mooted, there was figures quoted for the Football League grants handed to each club per season. The figures were approx £70k Div 3, 150k Div 2, 450k Div 1. The £250k reduction in this grant this season is presumably offset by the loss of the wages paid last year to the likes of Kitson, Barratt, Packham(!), Beasant etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here