Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins post match

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I remember being impressed by Wilkins before he became manager for the way he criticised the youth team for playing badly even when the won.

Doesn't seem to bother him anymore!

And what has happened to our style of football??? When Wilkins first arrived it was all about passing attacking football. Now our tactics are hopeless long balls. Even Lynch admitted his pass for Murray last night wasn't aimed at him.

Don't get me wrong I'm happy we won last night but it has papers over the cracks a little from a very poor performance.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A team lacking in confidence from having to be rebuilt midseason imo. I think the better football will be back soon.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think he knows the team well and we struggled to stop the rot last season and ended up with some losing streaks. I am positive it is about trying to soften the blows and build up some self belief, as opposed to chastising them in public. I am sure that they address the short comings when they have their de-brief and following training sessions. It is not going to help anyone, by criticising the team, every week, straight after a game.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Get a grip, we have been in a bad run of form recently, we were never going to turn in a world beating performance, expecially after conceding a goal so early, but we showed great spirit to stick at it and keep going at 1-1 for the win. I am sure that as confidence improves with a few positive results so will the performances.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Get a grip, we have been in a bad run of form recently, we were never going to turn in a world beating performance, expecially after conceding a goal so early, but we showed great spirit to stick at it and keep going at 1-1 for the win. I am sure that as confidence improves with a few positive results so will the performances.

Spot on. That was a huge win last night, if one match can be season-altering that one could be, and good only and purely for that reason. Even Arsenal and Man Utd are occasionally grateful for a scrappy three points.

I think Wilkins should now put massive emphasis on winning our games in hand, then relegation won't be an issue, we'll see where we are and take it from there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here