Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins MUST STOP doing the post match interviews

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I did not go today for reasons cited before. After the Tranmere game I could not stomach another inept performance. I dread to think what the reaction would have been if we had lost or even drawn.

Leaving Wilkins abilities or otherwise of being a good manager fot his club he MUST STOP being allowed on air for the post macth interview. He is inspiring as a cup of Cold tea.

Wilkins needs to get someone else to conduct the post match talk with Hawesy, someone like Chapman who can instill some passion and inspire the lost souls in radio land to come along again.

Even with a win Wilkins would turn off any floating fan or stay away fan from coming back with his passionless and rose tinted views on the dire football being served up.

Wilkins was " pleased " with the Tranmere performance, well I was not I almost lost the will to live Dean, Wilkins was pleased with today. OK a flukey 3 points fair enough but you cannot con the people who went. He also described the 1-1 draw at Oldham as one of the greatest ever away performanes or something like that.

The facts are people are not coming to watch us with him in charge and even with a win everyone was asking for him to step down. We need some inspiration, someone to instill some belief and hope. We have none at the moment.

Something must be done and soon.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I did not go today for reasons cited before. After the Tranmere game I could not stomach another inept performance. I dread to think what the reaction would have been if we had lost or even drawn.

Leaving Wilkins abilities or otherwise of being a good manager fot his club he MUST STOP being allowed on air for the post macth interview. He is inspiring as a cup of Cold tea.

Wilkins needs to get someone else to conduct the post match talk with Hawesy, someone like Chapman who can instill some passion and inspire the lost souls in radio land to come along again.

Even with a win Wilkins would turn off any floating fan or stay away fan from coming back with his passionless and rose tinted views on the dire football being served up.

Wilkins was " pleased " with the Tranmere performance, well I was not I almost lost the will to live Dean, Wilkins was pleased with today. OK a flukey 3 points fair enough but you cannot con the people who went. He also described the 1-1 draw at Oldham as one of the greatest ever away performanes or something like that.

The facts are people are not coming to watch us with him in charge and even with a win everyone was asking for him to step down. We need some inspiration, someone to instill some belief and hope. We have none at the moment.

Tenuous at best.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
get ron atkinson in to do the interviews

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Yes, that's how we turned round a 1-0 deficit into a 2-1 win, despite playing turd. I'd call that belief and hope - even if not talent and quality.

You are boring.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Managers are paid to run a football team not do f***ing interviews - I don't care if he is as boring as hell as long as he can get a football team to win.

Another tenuous whinge by the thread starter.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I thought he had it about right in summarising tonight's game.

He said the performance wasn't all that, which was correct.

He said that nonetheless he thought we deserved to win, which was correct.

And he said that ultimately, the result was what mattered. Which was correct.

So what's your problem? Do you want him to do the interview dressed in a clown outfit, spinning his bowtie and squirting water at nearby journalists?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
at least he doesnt mention heart rate monitors anymore

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I thought he had it about right in summarising tonight's game.

He said the performance wasn't all that, which was correct.

He said that nonetheless he thought we deserved to win, which was correct.

And he said that ultimately, the result was what mattered. Which was correct.

So what's your problem? Do you want him to do the interview dressed in a clown outfit, spinning his bowtie and squirting water at nearby journalists?

Worth a try I suppose.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He hasn't mentioned the importance of re fuelling for a while.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He hasn't mentioned the importance of re fuelling for a while.

Seriously, what would you like him to do? Tell a few jokes, perhaps? Throw in a few hilarious anecdotes about his time in the game? A Powerpoint presentation featuring his and Mrs Wilkins' last summer holiday?

He's a football manager, therefore the general gist of his post match interviews are going to be about football matters.

If you want an after-dinner speaker, hire Frank Worthington.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
US your total hatred of DW is getting as anal as few others now and somewhat tiresome.

It is becoming a total obsession and you might need medical treatment soon to resolve this.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Agreed.

Oh yes, and if your criteria for a manager is that he is gregarious, charismatic and turns the post match press conference into a night at the Komedia, then perhaps you might like to consider how Steve Coppell, possibly the most dull and depressingly voiced manager in the world, managed to get Reading playing such football that they won the Championship with over a hundred points, and performed very creditably in their first ever season in the top flight?

Granted, this season isn't going quite so well for them, but I doubt that's due to Coppell's inability to reel off a few mother-in-law gags during training.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Agreed.

Oh yes, and if your criteria for a manager is that he is gregarious, charismatic and turns the post match press conference into a night at the Komedia, then perhaps you might like to consider how Steve Coppell, possibly the most dull and depressingly voiced manager in the world, managed to get Reading playing such football that they won the Championship with over a hundred points, and performed very creditably in their first ever season in the top flight?

Granted, this season isn't going quite so well for them, but I doubt that's due to Coppell's inability to reel off a few mother-in-law gags during training.

Good point, he often sounds as if he's about to head to Bridgend...

For the cynics on here aswell, he also picked Mayo for EVERY game he was manager....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here