Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why's the cinema thread closed ? I was enjoying that !

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Because myself and 8ace committed the cardinal sin (for the lolz no malice intended) and it would have degenerated into a binfest.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well what a touchy bunch the mods are then ! Who gives a toss about Laines or Lanes ???

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I reckon you should start another thread, to let the binfestererey continue ??? Oh...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't get the lanes or laines thing and I'm not sure I'm allowed to ask?...but I loved the photos from the 80's, brought back good memories.

Some people are rather touchy about the accuracy of the names. There's the Lanes on the beach side of north street. On the other side of north street is North Laine. The 'Laine' being an old term meaning a tract of land or a field.

Some people struggle with distinguishing lanes and north laine partly because north laine is made up of several streets or lanes, so it feels like it should be plural, partly because both are in close proximity and phonetically there isn't a great deal of difference between lanes and laine, and some people don't like that confusion.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Some people are rather touchy about the accuracy of the names. There's the Lanes on the beach side of north street. On the other side of north street is North Laine. The 'Laine' being an old term meaning a tract of land or a field.

Some people struggle with distinguishing lanes and north laine partly because north laine is made up of several streets or lanes, so it feels like it should be plural, partly because both are in close proximity and phonetically there isn't a great deal of difference between lanes and laine, and some people don't like that confusion.

Thank You.:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here