Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why, when , how come?

D

Deleted User X18H

How come? When Perry Digweed got stuck in traffic on the M23 before a match and someone had to fish John Keeley out of The Stadium pub, the club knew he Digweed was stuck in traffic, this was 1988 before mobile phones.

Why? Is there an air raid siren behind one of the houses in Amberley Drive Hangleton (which they used to test in the 1980's) in WW2 that area was just fields.

Oh yeah the first person to post why is HB&B such a twat, ****, prick, nice guy etc etc? Wins an egg.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
**** and an egg please

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How come? When Perry Digweed got stuck in traffic on the M23 before a match and someone had to fish John Keeley out of The Stadium pub, the club knew he Digweed was stuck in traffic, this was 1988 before mobile phones.

Maybe they surmised that because he hadn't turned up by the time the team sheet had to be handed in? Either way what a f***ing random thread..

I'm sure there were mobile phones around in 1988, hadn't those big brick ones just been released, and before that they had those ones that had a big energy pack to run them?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure that it was in 1988 that I had a car phone about the size of a car battery with a normal phone headset like the army use in the field. This was replaced by a motorola about the size of a brick. I took over a pub in April 1989 and I had a normal car phone fitted but had those others before that so that must have been during 1988.

D

Deleted User X18H

No, just an egg, a big old..... EGG!!

D

Deleted User X18H

When we have won our previous League Championships when is the earliest we have been crowned. I think it is penultimate match Chesterfield 2001 Swindon 2002. But is that right?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I had a car phone in 1987, team sheet seems more realistic though. Although there were red boxes with telephones in. The 4 minute warning,build a nuclear bunker with mattresses and doors under the stairs, air raid siren was behind the council rent office in Burwash, shirly.

D

Deleted User X18H

I had a car phone in 1987, team sheet seems more realistic though. Although there were red boxes with telephones in. The 4 minute warning,build a nuclear bunker with mattresses and doors under the stairs, air raid siren was behind the council rent office in Burwash, shirly.

Ahh maybe . But why is it there? In the event of a holacaust? In Hangleton? Will anyone twig its happened?

D

Deleted User X18H

Haven't you ever heard that expression, maybe it is a Gloucestershire thing...it is what a dog lays, usually on the pavement!

Oh I see, how lovely. No, I meant a hens egg. I wouldn't throw a dog turd at Beach Hut...............well probably not.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Epic fail of a random thread. My boss [at the time] had his first car phone fitted in 1986, all the directors, and the salesmen had them.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Just when you thought he'd gone away Tim's returned to NSC with avengeance - it's like watching a remake of True Grit on your PC screen.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
How about a long egg?

image0301.jpg

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.

I havnt seen that in YEARS!!! it scared the living cr*p out of me when i was a kid and asked Mr Celebration the Elder what would happen in a nuclear attack, would it hurt etc... his reply 'we are so close to London we would all be instantly dead so it wont hurt'.

Stayed with me ever since!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Why? Is there an air raid siren behind one of the houses in Amberley Drive Hangleton (which they used to test in the 1980's) in WW2 that area was just fields.

Oh yeah the first person to post why is HB&B such a twat, ****, prick, nice guy etc etc? Wins an egg.

I had a mobile phone (company one) in the early 80s, ok the phone was like a brick and the battery was more like it was straight out of a tractor....but it was a mobile phone.

If you are to believe wikipedia they were about from the early 70s

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here