Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why The 'Thread Closed' Reaction To The '+3' Begging Letter?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Very odd ???

Unless of course there is a Sub-forum on the way, with the blessing of the club where '+3' wanteds could be matched up with '+3' availables?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
???

Unless of course there is a Sub-forum on the way, with the blessing of the club where '+3' wanteds could be matched up with '+3' availables?

Dunno why it was closed, but I do recall the Insider stating that the manipulation of the +3 rule was inappropriate and any evidence of such behaviour would result in ST's being withdrawn.

As far as I am aware the +3 rule was aimed at friends and family, as opposed to random panic buyers who didn't know the category A person.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I made it clear in the post i put, it will start a lot of problems in my opinion, and it is not for NSC to promote this happening.

If the powers that be want to start a sub section then so be it, but for now let this be the endof the subject please.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Very odd ???

Let's be honest, the club must have envisaged this happening. It was always on the cards that people without priority were going to seek out STHs to help them out. Get a sub-forum and at least have it all in one place so we can keep it off the main board.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Dunno why it was closed, but I do recall the Insider stating that the manipulation of the +3 rule was inappropriate and any evidence of such behaviour would result in ST's being withdrawn.

As far as I am aware the +3 rule was aimed at friends and family, as opposed to random panic buyers who didn't know the category A person.

I have closed it El P for the reasons stated, if others want to open it then so be it, but i think it will open flood gates etc.

I think Bozza would have to have the final say on this, i am sure he will see it soon.

dave hylands

Feb 13, 2009
Eastbourne
i was not begging or trying to bend any rules, if you read what it was about it just is not fair

i can wait my turn come march

but if i haver never seen the albion play or even support another team why should they be aloud to purchase tickets via st + 3

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think it was closed to ''nip it in the bud'' so to speak.

It'll only get worse tho. Right up to the point where that random old dear appears in the Argus quoting her husband who died in 1978 along with the vicar of randomvillage who is apparently a lifelong fan but nobody saw up to the Cup Final and nobody has seen since.

Better it be semi-controlled via a Sub-Forum of genuine Albion fans.

IMHO, like.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
have to say I think an unofficial matching service is probably not what the club envisaged and certainly isn't going to be viewed too favourably. In addition to causing the inevitable binfest on here and being more "unfair" than the original marketing decision I'm not convinced we would want to piss the club off. Not that I think we need to kowtow to them but alienating them isn't clever either.

doesn't affect me though as I will not be a season ticket holder so I will butt out before someone quite rightly tells me to :)

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
but if i haver never seen the albion play or even support another team why should they be aloud to purchase tickets via st + 3

Because the club has 15,000 seats to sell and no perfect way of doing so. By getting season ticket holders to promote the stadium the club will be saving money and rewarding the people who have stuck by the club during the Withdean years. If you want a Amex season ticket so badly you could have got a season ticket at Withdean or up to the end of December I think a half season ticket.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I would never offer my plus 3's to anyone who I didn't know as It's jumping the queue, simple as that. You might not agree with the rules, but that doesn't mean they should be cheated. You'll get a perfectly good ticket in march anyway..

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
There does seem to be a few threads closed recently unnecessarily. I'm not sure when it became a moderators decision on what the club do or do not approve of. This is an unnofficial forum for like minded Albion fans. I don't see that if people like Dave wanted to complain about the club/try and get a leg up on the season ticket ladder why the mods should start to act as some sort of 'moral compass'. It's worth noting that the AFPT forum was closed because NSC (quite rightly) wouldn't remove some items that the club found distasteful.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I am not surprised by this decision at all as the club need to treble our current number of ST holders. If the +3 was to be used (as it would) for existing season ticket holders bumping up the priority period then it totally defeats the object of the marketing exercise. Whether people agree with the +3 decision or not the club wish for the +3 to be used to attract stay away and new fans to the Amex. The forum that has been deleted would have impacted on this campaigns ability to attract new supporters so has been removed.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Sure it was only a while ago that the insider said manipulation of the +3 could result in bans for some season ticket holders, so surely the closure of the thread has saved a few people

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I made it clear in the post i put, it will start a lot of problems in my opinion, and it is not for NSC to promote this happening.

If the powers that be want to start a sub section then so be it, but for now let this be the endof the subject please.

Thanks Nan.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Whilst the club probably did not envisage organised exploitation of the '+3', it's a bit late to start reeling in the rules now. If you allow ST holders to buy 3 extra tickets with no restrictions then the club should just accept there might be some generous use of the '+3'. Otherwise it will get rediculous, whilst family is easy to define...I'd like to see them define a friend.

I have no issue if NSC wants to buddy people up. There's plenty of room at Falmer, the more the merrier.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would never offer my plus 3's to anyone who I didn't know as It's jumping the queue, simple as that. You might not agree with the rules, but that doesn't mean they should be cheated. You'll get a perfectly good ticket in march anyway..

this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here