Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why Take a Towel to Football?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
According to the Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy

A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. Partly it has great practical value -- you can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapours; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a mini raft down the slow heavy river Moth; wet it for use in hand-tohand-combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or to avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (a mindboggingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you -- daft as a bush, but very ravenous); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
Someone near me in B block always has a towel handy to wipe down wet seats.
Thoughtful, I'd say

At Withdean it has an obvious use for drying the seats... but away at Sheff Wed... hmm...

Could it be a cum rag*? Perhaps they were hopeful of a Holroyd hatrick or something and were prepared for a clean up job?

* A few years back some mates went to a Tenacious D gig and bought the official Tenacious D Cum Rag. Basically a small piece of terry towel with a logo on it and a ring with clip on one corner. Designed to clip to your belt loops so you always have something to wipe up with... punk:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Was the thing chucked on the pitch after we went 1 down yesterday? If so, it'll have been Withdean Wanderer giving up on the entire season. :thumbsup:

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
i have the same towel at home :lolol:
strangely though i only take mine to the beach rather than to away games

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I could have borrowed that to dry off my glasses with all the dribble spray coming from the row in front...

On another note, I've just finished UNSNUFFING my nose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here