Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why So Few NSCers?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Don't shoot me down in flames for asking this one, but with the prevalence of PCs in the home and workplace these days, why does BHA's main message board have so few members (a proportion of whom are supporters of other clubs - many of those creating a username just to post for that one fixture)? I wouldn't claim that stats like 32,000 to Wembley in 1991, or 60,000 signing the Falmer petition are indicative of anything, but surely in the UK and round the world we should be able to muster more than this. Albion computer geeks where are you?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well it's a no win situation really - Mr Cheeky.

If you happen to post a lot - a few people moan.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Maybe cause the average Brighton fan has a life and dont just sit in front of a PC all day.

oh wait...:lolol:

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
Having a PC, supporting the Albion and wanting to be involved in something like this Forum are not neccessarily linked.

This Forum moves at a speed that a lot of people might not be happy with - to be a regular takes a lot of time in front of the PC and a lot of the topics are totally unrelated to BHA.

A lot of people view supporting a team as turning up 10 minutes before kick off and leaving early to avoid the rush with no involvement in between.

Take a look at the Reading Message Board - it's very very slow in comparison, why do you think RoyalAli spends so much time here?

Dawsey

Apr 25, 2004
Brighton
Plus you have to remember that a lot of people read these posts, but don't actually post themselves. I know a few of these people myself.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well, here's something I copy'n'pasted from the Official Site messageboard just now:

'2 User(s) Online View Users Online
80 Message(s) Posted In The Last 24 Hours'

One of these users was me. Face it, There's No One There. Whereas on NSC I get frantic if hitting Refresh keeps, say, Kylie's Stunt Arse message at the the top o' the board for 3 whole minutes. Seems like an eternity. Mind you, I'm also prone to hopping up and down in me so-called kitchen yelling at the Microwave 'come on you bastard M&S Chicken Jalfezi , how long can four and a half minutes TAKE FFS!!!! :angry: :censored:

And... Relax :smokin:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Don't know but I often find that if I meet another Albion fan one of the first things I ask them is if they post on NSC, is this our equivalent of a masonic handshake?

I suppose when you consider our average gate then a couple of thousand members on here is a high proportion of our support, though I accept that many people who do post just use NSC to keep up with the Albion or purely for entertainment value.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Gully said:
, though I accept that many people who do post just use NSC to keep up with the Albion or purely for entertainment value.
whens that been introduced ? :p :jester:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Cheeky Monkey said:
Don't shoot me down in flames for asking this one, but with the prevalence of PCs in the home and workplace these days, why does BHA's main message board have so few members (a proportion of whom are supporters of other clubs - many of those creating a username just to post for that one fixture)? I wouldn't claim that stats like 32,000 to Wembley in 1991, or 60,000 signing the Falmer petition are indicative of anything, but surely in the UK and round the world we should be able to muster more than this. Albion computer geeks where are you?
Its simple there is to many geeky threads full stop:drink:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have always thought it an interesting experiment: make NSC subscription to read and see how many people join.

But such draconian measures seem to fit so much better else(and quieter)where.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here