Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

why people think americans are stupid

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Who won the Vietnam war ?

We did.....hang on, were we even in it ?

:D :D :D :D

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I bet most Americans think that they did win the Vietnam war.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
dougdeep said:

The UK did volunteer to go and help out, but the little guys in black pyjamas were doing quite well enough by themselves.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
dougdeep said:

It was the "Were we even in it" comment that made me chuckle.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
dougdeep said:

Except the ones that aren't sure if they were there or not.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
They are convinced that they won the cold war, just don't tell them that it wasn' actually a war but the greatest Mexican stand off of all time...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
pasty said:
Who won the Vietnam war ?

We did.....hang on, were we even in it ?

:D :D :D :D

I could imagine Jade Goody or someone like that answering questions on the Falklands war in a similar way.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I saw a program the other day that made me realise just how sad the English were the other day. It was called the Royle Family and it was about this scouse family. If they are all like that over there then I'm not sure I'll be back.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Juan Albion said:
I saw a program the other day that made me realise just how sad the English were the other day. It was called the Royle Family and it was about this scouse family. If they are all like that over there then I'm not sure I'll be back.

I thought the point about that program was that it was based in reality. Frankly whilst you can knock American gun control don't imagine that we don't have our fair share of clueless morons either.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
bhaexpress said:
I thought the point about that program was that it was based in reality. Frankly whilst you can knock American gun control don't imagine that we don't have our fair share of clueless morons either.

you being one of them!

you set 'em up...... :jester:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Marc said:
you being one of them!

you set 'em up...... :jester:

Classic case of 'it takes one to know one' then. I would think I'm smarter than although that's not really saying much is it ?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Juan Albion said:

Er actually they were mostly Mancunian. The father was a scouser but the rest weren't. Funny program though.

BTW I agree we have our share of morons. Every country does. I like the comments on Youtube, one American, clearly riled by the video, rails against European countries even though the program was Australian. Kind of demonstrated the point the film was making....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here