Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why no subs announcement before ko at Amex last two home games??

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's embarrassing full stop, though seems to be dying out thankfully. Think I counted 12 people in the WSL waving their scarfs and about 30 in the North.

Load of contrived shit

But the sporadic singing and bouncing at away matches is class. I agree the playing of it at home is a bit plastic though...

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I think they did in the first season, can't remember when it stopped but was a long time ago.

Personally I just check the squad on my phone, so not bothered about them being read out.

It's literally just the last two games we haven't had the subs announced. Bizarre - it's always good to cheer 'em and know who's available. Couldn't get the Albion app to work well the last couple of games either (or Twitter).

BRING BACK THE SUBS ROLL CALL :angry:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Personally I like ring if fire just before kick off. It works well.

Surely everyone knows the squad long before kick off now anyway. I always get it on my phone an hour before.

I am pretty sure thy announce the subs when they first announce the team anyway. If you're to busy getting pissed up to get in the stadium until two minutes before tough titties I say.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
poached eggs on marmite toast - Margaret Thatcher's favourite.

Is that an El Pres euphemism ? Always knew she was a wrong 'un

*edit* And I always liked the idea of naming the subs was so we could give them a cheer (particularly coming back from injury, promoted from development squad etc)

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Announcing the subs is important to the majority of fans. I want to know who is on the bench for us.

I don't really care a lot about Ring of Fire, but anyway, why does it have to be either or?

BRING BACK THE SUBS ANNOUNCEMENT.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sorry if this has been covered before but I find it irritating that they've suddenly decided not to name our subs before ko on match days... not all of us have smartphones, I want to know who we've got in our armoury on the day and we should also be able to give our subs waiting in the sidelines a big morale-boosting cheer if we feel so inclined...

You don't need a smart phone to know the subs, its on the screens both on the concourses and on the big screens numerous times pre-game, do you not recognise the subs when they run up and down the line in order to give them a cheer.

I suppose the next moan will be not announcing the away attendance so ESU can't wet themselves with excitement on 80 minutes.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The starting XI and subs are announced earlier and are on the screens (incl concourse screens) ........just not immediately before kick off. I agree they should be prioritised ahead of a piece of music no matter how uplifting and enjoyable that might be for the u10's. Include it in fanzone and introduce it as goal music (to which I have no particular objection) but keep core football information to the fore!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
As an aside, I still don't think we make enough use of those big screens anyway. They could have a tickertape going across the bottom with score updates like on SSN. Or lottery numbers. Or horoscopes. Or interesting and creative recipes involving poached eggs.

I've always thought they should do the same thing with those electronic signs on motorways. Never mind tell us not to drink and drive or that the M4 is closed, show us some football scores.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The should rattle through the subs before announcing the starting 11. That way, everyone still gets the info, they still get their CRESCENDO of anticipation and everybody's happy!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here