Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why no black armbands tonight

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It would have been a nice gesture. Maybe the powers that be do not check lower league news regularly.

Although, they might have felt it inappropriate to ask the family so soon after Stansfield's death.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
People do die all the time however, you can't pay tribute to all of them.

I doubt they'll have a minute silence at all games at the weekend either...although given our Diana-grief culture that now pervades and the fact we once had one for Ken Bigley, FFS, it wouldn't be a massive surprise if they did.

Leeds had a minutes applause last week for "every Leeds and Derby fan who has died". What? EVER?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If you look hard enough there would always be a reason to wear a black armband and I mean no disrepect to the Adam Stansfield and his family.

tube train

Sep 10, 2009
If you look hard enough there would always be a reason to wear a black armband and I mean no disrepect to the Adam Stansfield and his family.

I know you mean no disrepect and yeah you can find a reason for them to always wear one.. but this time it seems a dam good one..

even a mention tonight would have been nice

did anyone see the Mark Halsey interview today on his return to the top flight.. he mentioned it which was nice

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
not a premiership player so never going to happen

Interesting point. For arguements sake say Michael Carrick (first name that popped in my head) had tragically died would there be black armbands? Would the game even be played? Not taking sides or having a go at the FA, just wondered.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Because, sadly, most people would go "who?" when they announced the reason. Not enough PR and a big enough name for the FA to concern themselves with.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Interesting point. For arguements sake say Michael Carrick (first name that popped in my head) had tragically died would there be black armbands? Would the game even be played? Not taking sides or having a go at the FA, just wondered.
The thing is, the team playing would have had a connection to Carrick, in some way or another. A would be the case for Mr AN Other, premiership footballer, so it's not really a fair comparison.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here