Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why no Albion wonder goals?

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Looking back on the wreckage of the season so far - I can't remember a single goal scored by BHA that lives in the memory. A long range thunderbolt, a bender round the wall, a sequence of 27 passes followed by a tap in - or an outstanding individual effort.

On the other hand I've seen plenty of outstanding goals scored against us. Can anyone recall an Albion wonder goal this season?

This thread is posted in the optimistic hope that it triggers a couple or more brilliant strikes tomorrow.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
The best one I saw of the top of my head was Johnson's first (I think it was) against Leicester.

Edit: Oh yeh Murray against Leeds and McLeod against Northampton

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The way this season's gone, frankly I'm grateful for any goal, let alone a spectacular one.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Kevin McLeod in the JPT instantly spung to my mind... can't remember who it was aginst, but we were wearing the navy and yellow kit.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Not a scorcher, but for best team goal, for me, was Cox vs Millwall. Superb move that we've seen far too little of...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This may sound mad, but I think you can find a direct correlation between a team's confidence and the amount of wonder goals they score in a season.

We have no confidence = no wonder goals.

I've watched an old compilation from about 3 years back on YouTube so I know we have players who can hit them (Cox, when are you coming back?)...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Kevin McLeod in the JPT instantly spung to my mind... can't remember who it was aginst, but we were wearing the navy and yellow kit.
Northampton. Decent strike but went straight through the keeper, Johnson's against Leicester was much better.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Murray V Leeds was the greatest individual effort I have seen in a bloody long time. Almost made the shambolic day at Leeds worthwhile

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Regarding why there isnt many goals from far out its because we NEVER Shoot from outside the box we always dilly dally around with the ball and then lose it
Only two ive seen are
Kevin Mcleod & Johnson

I dont think Mcleod meant for that to be a shot anyway. Id probably go for that good goal we scored against Derby that was given as offside even though replays showed it wasnt. That goal had some good passing moves in it and a good finish. If i go for a goal that actually stood the sheer power Hinsh got on that own goal was extraordinary.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Hawkins OG against Huddersfield, the best diving header I think I've ever seen from a Brighton player. The backpass by Hinshelwood is also sketched into my brain, but the winner for wonder goal was the run by Murray against Millwall, and then that superb cross into the path of Bradley Johnson who slotted it home.

Got to be Hinch own goal right behind it when he struck it, beautiful in from the second he hit truly sums our season up :annoyed:
Goal of the season for me

So instinctive! a natural finish

just turned round and hit it all in one sweet movement....as if he KNEW the keeper wasn't anywhere near it!
:ohmy::ohmy::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here