Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is there no trouble in Scotland?

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
As poor and deperived as some parts of Scotland maybe, the kids up there don't seem to have this awful attitude problem that kids down south and in particular in London seem to have.

You know the type I mean. The ones that can't speak properly and use phrases like 'Innit' & 'Blood' & 'Bruva' amongst others. Nothing to do with race or colour of skin. It's all to do with an awful attitude and that the world owes you a living.

As much as I can't stand the sweaty socks north of the border I have to admire they're attitude, desire to actually go and find work and respect for the communities they live in, no matter how shit and run down they are.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
This colour thing is really f***ing me off.
Negged.

I'm sorry but having witnessed the riots first hand i can say that at least 90% involved in looting in croydon were black. I am not a racist and have many black friends but even they admitted this was organised and carried out by mostly young black males.

I think rather than denying the facts we should be asking ourselves why after 50 years of large black communities living in london, a black person born in london has much fewer oppertunities for social mobility than the white majority.

Edit. It has just been pointed out to me that nsc is not the platform for discussing these issues, which is something i agree with but i would quite like to continue this discussion via the pm facility, as i do not want to be placed in the same pidgeon hole as some of our more narrow minded posters. I await your response. Sorry if i offended anyone with my comments, it wasnt my intention.

Last edited:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
As poor and deperived as some parts of Scotland maybe, the kids up there don't seem to have this awful attitude problem that kids down south and in particular in London seem to have.

You know the type I mean. The ones that can't speak properly and use phrases like 'Innit' & 'Blood' & 'Bruva' amongst others. Nothing to do with race or colour of skin. It's all to do with an awful attitude and that the world owes you a living.

As much as I can't stand the sweaty socks north of the border I have to admire they're attitude, desire to actually go and find work and respect for the communities they live in, no matter how shit and run down they are.

While I completely agree about the Wiggas of London Tarn as a regular visitor to Aberdeen I can say that Scots Chavs (they call them Neds I believe) are equally as disgusting pieces of shit as the ones down here.

Sterilise the whole lot of them! :thumbsup:

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
Because we all know up here that if we go rioting, then they will just release john smeaton upon Glasgow and he will simply set everyone alight before kicking them in the balls. Also because most people here understand there's not much point in rioting. They're not rioting for a cause in England anymore. In Tottenham it may have started out over Duggan being killed, but after that, its really just the scum of the land seizing an opportunity to steal things. Only this time, they can blame it on the Government. One stupid girl on BBC replied that she was doing it 'getting our taxes back innit', what an utter tit she is. Firstly she didnt look old enough to have a job and pay tax and even if she did, she obviously didnt realise, that tax rebates dont come in the form of a stolen TV and PS3. Just a chavvy little twonk, with the same London attitude problem as all the other illiterate chavvy little twonks there.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
nothing worth nicking in Glasgow

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
My god there are some hideous generalisations going on here, many of you should be ashamed!

Oh no its, Scotland your discussing not blacks and asians, oh thats ok then :nono:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We do need the Scots or Welsh to get involved soon as I'm getting fed up with the Beeb's "England Riots" headline.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We do need the Scots or Welsh to get involved soon as I'm getting fed up with the Beeb's "England Riots" headline.

Funnily enough that's what made me ask the question!! It was only when I saw the headline that it occured to me that the rest of Great Britain was falling behind in the pillaging and looting stakes.

Oct 25, 2003
it's not all cities in england though.......someone mentioned before newcastle and middlesbrough. Newcastle has some incredibly poor areas (much of the west end such as benwell and arthurs hill and areas in the east such as byker and walker), yet nothing seems to ever kick off there, i always felt safe there even walking through the poorest areas at night, which i always thought odd. It's generally a very white city, but even in the comparitively multi-ethnic areas there doesn't seem to be much bother. I lived in the most "asian" area of the city for about a year (all the shops were asian run and it was rare to see a white face) and never saw any trouble and contrary to popular belief, there's very little trouble in the city centre at night (west street is much worse than the bigg market for trouble imo)

i don't have much to compare it to as i have lived in very few places, and i'm not saying it's some sort of utopia

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
i at first thought it was race related now i realise its not, there not fighting against anything there just f***ing morons that ant got a f***ing clue. People blame the government but lets be honest who ever was in power were still going to have these f***ing bell ends.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ah, the Scots are trying...

1550: Two teenagers are remanded in custody in Scotland after appearing in court accused separately of using Facebook to encourage people to riot. A 16-year-old appeared in private at Glasgow Sheriff Court charged with breaching the peace. In Dundee, an 18-year-old was refused bail over allegations he conducted himself in a disorderly manner and committed a breach of the peace. Neither entered a plea.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Excellant............. the start of the Home Internationals for looting.

We`ll win it.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Much of what I have read on this thread I disagree with totally and is frankly pathetic.

Scotland (parts), the North East (parts), North West (parts) and add in many rural areas ALL over England, where the young population are sadly unable to find work, suffer a huge amount of frustration. However, they have been used to the status quo over decades and have, perhaps reluctantly thus far, accepted it without feeling the overwhelming urge to loot shops and then torch them.

There is a suggestion that everyone who lives in any such area is part of an underclass deserving only abuse and ridicule - get a grip !

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Rioting in Scotland lumps them in with the English morons , not a good idea when independence is a key issue.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
No real gang culture in most Scottish cities either, as opposed to London, Manchester, Liverpool, Notts, B'ham etc.

It did mildly amuse me today to see an article in The Sun entitled "Riots: Is Rap Music To Blame?"

I was wondering how long it would take before someone attributed four days of thieving and burning on Snoop Dogg. Genius :rolleyes:
Oh, with a headline like that in The Sun it's gonna piss the Mail haters off as they can't complain about the Mail coming up with a headline like that.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It did mildly amuse me today to see an article in The Sun entitled "Riots: Is Rap Music To Blame?"

more infuriating than amusing. i've been infuriate with several commentators linking to GTA. for a start theres no looting in GTA (clue is in the title) and secondly anyone whose played it would understand there is conseqences for actions and you need to work at being the biggest gangster in town. as silly as it sounds, these are values these yoot dont understand or exhibit.

one chap summed it up in two words: Violent Consumerism.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Glasgow 95% White

Edinburgh 95.9% White

Scotland as a whole 98.8% white.

Croydon 60% white

Tottenham 64% White

Clapham 78% white

Brixton 49% white

All figures are approximate.

So they have an even HIGHER proportion of white trash, how does THAT explain anything?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Glasgow 95% White

Edinburgh 95.9% White

Scotland as a whole 98.8% white.

Croydon 60% white

Tottenham 64% White

Clapham 78% white

Brixton 49% white

All figures are approximate.

No ethnic Caribbean areas in Scotland. The Asian areas are hard working and pretty affluent. In Glasgow the poorer areas are high 90% populated by white caucasians.

All in all it wouldn't happen in the same way that it would in say London or Manchester.

Of course it may be kicked off with religious conflict. But hopefully not.

TNBA

TTF

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Because the Police State in Scotland is not under control of Dark Forces. It is open.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here