Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is it so impossible to watch the whole match?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
People leaving at 35 mins in the first half presumably for toilets/food?

So many not returning until 50 mins??

I vaguely understand why some might leave with a couple of mins to go. At least there is some logic to that if you need to be home for a certain time.

But why go to a football match and keep missing so much of it just to have a piss or a drink?!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
If you are in the concourse at half time there is no notification that the teams are coming out, nor that the game has re-started.

Surely playing SBTS over the speakers would do the trick?

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Didn't notice that at all. I was watching the game.

People leaving at 35 mins in the first half presumably for toilets/food?

So many not returning until 50 mins??

I vaguely understand why some might leave with a couple of mins to go. At least there is some logic to that if you need to be home for a certain time.

But why go to a football match and keep missing so much of it just to have a piss or a drink?!

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
If you are in the concourse at half time there is no notification that the teams are coming out, nor that the game has re-started.

All the TV screens tell you. How much more warning would you like?

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
To be fair, I was invited to hospitality today in the Bupa Lounge and I detest being late to the start of the game or second half. Even though the tv screens had messages to return to your seats, I was mortified that I didn't take my seat until 3 mins into the second half. The acoustics insualtion up there are too good!

D

Deleted User X18H

To be fair, I was invited to hospitality today in the Bupa Lounge and I detest being late to the start of the game or second half. Even though the tv screens had messages to return to your seats, I was mortified that I didn't take my seat until 3 mins into the second half. The acoustics insualtion up there are too good!

You cannot hear a thing in the lounges of anything going on pitchside.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Good point. Missed CMS's goal against Leeds as I was still finishing my pint and chatting to mate blissfully unaware that the second half had kicked off.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Because people no longer go to football, or any other entertainment form, for the form itself, but to be present at an event. Check out the number of people at concerts who chat or are on their mobiles or whatever, even during the headline act. Reduced attention spans, general infantilisation of society, etc, etc. Football for football fans...............

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
With the speed of service and queues for the loos you need to miss the end of the first half or start of the second if you want any half time refreshments. I can't stand missing any of the match so have started taking a flask like I did at withdean. Hoped it wouldn't be necessary but unfortunately it is.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
You buy your ticket you make choices, each to their own my long necked friend.
That is true... but it's annoying when as in last night,a group came back 16 minutes after the second half started and every body had to stand up to let them get to their seats and they were stopping and chatting to friends as they passed...

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
With the speed of service and queues for the loos you need to miss the end of the first half or start of the second if you want any half time refreshments. I can't stand missing any of the match so have started taking a flask like I did at withdean. Hoped it wouldn't be necessary but unfortunately it is.
Well that saves queueing for the Loo!

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
I'm always amazed that so many people feel the need to get refreshments or take a leak at half time - and risk getting back in time. Obviously it would be fine if getting served and back in time was no problem, but I can imagine more and more people just won't bother.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
You buy your ticket you make choices, each to their own my long necked friend.
That is true... but it's annoying when as in last night,a group came back 16 minutes after the second half started and every body had to stand up to let them get to their seats and they were stopping and chatting to friends as they passed...

I'm not condoning it! The club need to get the beer queues moved quicker so people can supp up and get back out.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
this bollocks about not knowing when to leave to go back to the stands is bloody annoying 15MINS FFS 15MINS from when the ref blows his half time whistle, not that hard to grasp is it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here