Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is it ok for Birmingham and Man City to both wear Blue shirts with White shorts?

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
I was wondering the same thing. did seem strange. I always thought all items of kit had to be a completely different colour.

Both sets of socks were blue as well.

It was the two sets of white shorts that caused me the biggest problem working out what was going on - especially when the penalty area got crowded.

_51076890_0202gardner.jpg

garethlewes

Nov 9, 2010
Its because the referee said it was okay. Lewes did the same thing in a pre-season friendly against worthing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wrote to the FL about this when w e played Rochdale ad also Charlton goalkeeper when we [played away and according to their reply it was entirely upt to the ref if he could distinguish between the colours it was acceptable apparenmtly there are no rules allowing or forbidding any colour clash other than this about the ref being able to distinguish each player.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wrote to the FL about this when w e played Rochdale ad also Charlton goalkeeper when we [played away and according to their reply it was entirely upt to the ref if he could distinguish between the colours it was acceptable apparenmtly there are no rules allowing or forbidding any colour clash other than this about the ref being able to distinguish each player.

Weird, refs are blind as a bat in most areas...but they can distinguish between two pairs of white shorts.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It seems a ridiculous decision by the ref who has failed to take into account the millions those watching on their black and white televisions!!!!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
It doesn't matter as neither side knows what they're doing,so they always pass to a blue shirt.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I have never understood the inconsistencies with regards to kit clashes. During the world cup FIFA were adament that there would be no clashes - including shorts, except when Germany played Argentina. Bizarre.

The one thing that does really annoy me is referees wearing the same colour shirts as goalies. Referees have loads of different colours to choose from these days - there is smply no excuse.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
and we had to produce a new kit because blue and white aparently clashes with red?!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Good grief. Have you really NOTHING better to do?

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Reminds me of the classic - "For those of you watching in black and white, Spurs are the ones in yellow shirts." John Motson ;o)

BB

matt

Mar 19, 2007
"not different colours or the same colours" - Surely they have to be one or the other??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here