Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Why I hate Brighton" - article

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Why I Hate Brighton | Life | Sabotage Times

Maybe a bit harsh, but he makes some valid points.

This made me chuckle; "The pick of the bunch is unquestionably London Road: a characterless, sprawling mess inhabited by benefit-scrounging peasants, waddling along with fat bags of economy frozen food from Iceland, puffing away on a cheap Mayfair and possessing an aroma not too dissimilar to the spinal column-infected burgers they feed to their asbo’d-up kids. Despite what the Clampets may believe, London Road is universally loathed."

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
he must have copped a good bumming somewhere to have such a negative view of our wonderful town....sounds like he's describing northern" immigrants " anyway...........miserable kant. can't wait for his critique on crawley.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
he wants to try Wales, he would have a field day.
exactly the reason why I am trying desperately to get back to Brighton nicer place, nicer people.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
he wants to try Wales, he would have a field day.
exactly the reason why I am trying desperately to get back to Brighton nicer place, nicer people.

He wants to try any large British town, where if you wander around on a weekday you get a distinct impression that if you dropped a pebble into the gene pool it wouldn't make much of a splash!

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
He does have a few good points, but Brighton is still the best place to live in the country for me. :rave:

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
I was walking through the Lanes just yesterday during the daytime (before the drunkards get there and ruin it!) and realised how lovely Brighton can actually be.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Rather an inappropriate comment or am I a bit too sensitive?

"...downright ugly that I sometimes wonder if The IRA might like to pop over again for a jolly boys’ outing."

Maybe a tad, but a suggestion that the Luftwaffe might have paid some areas a little more attention whilst flying up to London could be a little further from the bone!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
'half-inching over priced chips'? If you're going to use rhyming slang, at least get it right.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Good article I think.

His points about the seafront and London Road are valid.

But if he doesn't want to be here, then he should should go and let someone move in who's going to appreciate it.

He'll soon realise the error in his ways and just how good a place Brighton actually is once he's been away a short while. :thumbsup:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What a twat, he doesn't even know the difference between the Lanes and north Laine so he can f*** OFF.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Well if he doesn't like Brighton he sure as hell won't like any other major city. Every one of them has their bad spots but Brighton on the whole is a wonderful, laidback place sandwiched beautifully between the sea and the rolling downs.

It is also the home to the greatest football club known to man.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sounds like the rantings of too-cool-for-school middle class w*nker trying to side with the proles to me. :)

Still an amusing article if a little frothy, can't really argue with the critique of London Road though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why I Hate Brighton | Life | Sabotage Times

Maybe a bit harsh, but he makes some valid points.

This made me chuckle; "The pick of the bunch is unquestionably London Road: a characterless, sprawling mess inhabited by benefit-scrounging peasants, waddling along with fat bags of economy frozen food from Iceland, puffing away on a cheap Mayfair and possessing an aroma not too dissimilar to the spinal column-infected burgers they feed to their asbo’d-up kids. Despite what the Clampets may believe, London Road is universally loathed."

Thing is, London Road is the one part of Brighton that isn't very...Brighton-y.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here