Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why have we not signed anyone yet?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Sort it out Micky :angry:

As usual, there is no sense of urgency from the club. Anyone would think that we're in one of the automatic promotion slots or the play-off zone, rather than fighting relegation.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
As usual, there is no sense of urgency from the club. Anyone would think that we're in one of the automatic promotion slots or the play-off zone, rather than fighting relegation.

how do you know that the club aren't working bloody hard to get new players in??

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Rumour has it, there is some substantial "wheeler dealing" being had by Adams. I will assume more information will crawl out of the woodwork soon when we sign one or two top players.:ascarf:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Rumour has it, there is some substantial "wheeler dealing" being had by Adams. I will assume more information will crawl out of the woodwork soon when we sign one or two top players.:ascarf:

Let's hope so.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
how do you know that the club aren't working bloody hard to get new players in??

Let's wait and see what materialises. I admire your optimism.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Let's wait and see what materialises. I admire your optimism.

its not optimism. I've just turned 36, and am miserable.. i do believe we will sign some players. would also like some of the existing ones to grow some bollocks and start playing properly as well tho.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
its not optimism. I've just turned 36, and am miserable.. i do believe we will sign some players. would also like some of the existing ones to grow some bollocks and start playing properly as well tho.

I'd go along with that.

:thumbsup:

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I would love to see Johnson return on a permanent basis. Needs to make more of a presence perhaps in midfield at times, but theres no denying when he's at his best he has shown he is capable of scoring some cracking goals.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
A lot of players do not sign until the end of the month as they are also wheeling and dealing and do not want to commit to the first offer, once they have an offer the agent will start contacting over clubs to see if they are interested.

The only players that sign on early are ones that are either to be joining on a permanent basis come the close of the season and have already been on loan to us or players who will be loaned straight back to the club they have just come from, which really would not apply to our level of football.

That sadly means we are probably in the shit for January as half our squad returns to their parent squads.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I am sure that Dean White said that they were concentrating on the Northampton game and would start working on transfer targets on Monday.

As said above, I dout we will get much before the end of the month. I am worried about who will be playing at left back in the meantime.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I am sure that Dean White said that they were concentrating on the Northampton game and would start working on transfer targets on Monday.
What the F has it got to do with him?...

We'll wait until the end of the window to see which players other clubs (our rivals) didn't want and ones we can get cheap, as usual.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
If that was indeed a serious post then:

I would argue it has more to do with Dean White than it does you, does it not? After all he is the clubs Assistant Manager, is he not?

Hmmmmmm I think we should make you number 2, after all you seemingly strive to talk it and in actual fact you reek of it.

So I'm guessing if you we're indeed the number 2 and you had suggestions/opinions re: the transfer window, you'd happily do nothing as in your own words:

"What the F does has it got to do with him?..."

And if you were in that position and you read that bollocks herein, how would you feel/respond? You ought to be ashamed.

I suppose your master plan would be to spend, spend, spend, ruin the clubs fragile finances, send us into to admin, cement our relegation (with a points deduction) and most likely send us into the cosmic wasteland that is the Conference for ever more.

I say give you the job.

However, if your post was indeed a joke, then please accept my humble apologies- but next time try something not related to your embarrassing obsession with that nice bloke called Dean White.

Kosh

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
A lot of players do not sign until the end of the month as they are also wheeling and dealing and do not want to commit to the first offer, once they have an offer the agent will start contacting over clubs to see if they are interested.

The only players that sign on early are ones that are either to be joining on a permanent basis come the close of the season and have already been on loan to us or players who will be loaned straight back to the club they have just come from, which really would not apply to our level of football.

That sadly means we are probably in the shit for January as half our squad returns to their parent squads.

You're not welcome on this forum if all you are going to post is common sense!!!!

What the F has it got to do with him?...

We'll wait until the end of the window to see which players other clubs (our rivals) didn't want and ones we can get cheap, as usual.

If that was indeed a serious post then:

I would argue it has more to do with Dean White than it does you, does it not? After all he is the clubs Assistant Manager, is he not?

Hmmmmmm I think we should make you number 2, after all you seemingly strive to talk it and in actual fact you reek of it.

So I'm guessing if you we're indeed the number 2 and you had suggestions/opinions re: the transfer window, you'd happily do nothing as in your own words:

"What the F does has it got to do with him?..."

And if you were in that position and you read that bollocks herein, how would you feel/respond? You ought to be ashamed.

I suppose your master plan would be to spend, spend, spend, ruin the clubs fragile finances, send us into to admin, cement our relegation (with a points deduction) and most likely send us into the cosmic wasteland that is the Conference for ever more.

I say give you the job.

However, if your post was indeed a joke, then please accept my humble apologies- but next time try something not related to your embarrassing obsession with that nice bloke called Dean White.

Kosh

Was about to post the same thing. If someone had asked Dean White a question about transfer targets and he had replied, 'not telling' he would have been castigated for that.

Fact is, most players would see us as a no more than 2nd or 3rd choice if that so not surprising that they will wait till the end of the window before comiting themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here