Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why Does NSC Keep Offering Us Unsecured Personal Loans In The Banner Advert?

D

Deleted User X18H

isn't how these adverts appear generated by what you search for in google etc ????

isn't how these adverts appear generated by what you search for in google etc ????

There are two ways google Adwords appear - I advertise in my business.

Firstly related to a search term in Google and secondly if you visit a site which Google thinks may show that you could be interested in what they are advertising.

For example, put "property for sale in Extremadura" and you will find an ad for ExtremaCasa - my company. Don't click on it, you'll cost me money!!!!

But visit a website about Spain in general and there's a good chance my ad will appear there as well as google will think you could be interested in buying property here.

Often when I log on to NSC I see an ad for a gay B&B - a bit worrying!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
That is a Google Adsense ad. It is triggered by the context of the page. If there isn't enough context for Google to have a stab at the page topic, it will stick in default ads - probably like the loans one.

NSC earns a small revenue each time someone clicks one of the ads. I imagine that is partially how Bozza funds the expense of the servers that support NSC.

Of course you can block the ads - but then you won't ever click on them and Bozza won't get any revenue and eventually NSC could disappear.

Don't be tempted to sit there and go on a clickfest either - Google can spot atypical behaviour and could end up blocking NSC as a partner site. The best way to help generate revenue is to click on the Google ads when you see something that actually does interest you.

Like it or not, if you don't like the ads, then you need to come up with an alternative way of funding NSC.

Incidentally, the ones at the bottom of the thread are not from Google - they are affiliate links and Bozza only makes money if you click through and buy from the advertisers (such as cottages4you). Google ads are always labelled.

[Not trying to teach you all how to suck eggs - but a lot of people don't know how these things work]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Of course, that ad will be there always on this thread, as it's about it :)

Exmouth Seagull

Sep 11, 2003
I am getting adverts promoting savings accounts, but I am completely skint. It is causing me undue worry and distress, maybe I should consider suing NSC, if I win I will have a few quid to save and all will be well.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
For example, put "property for sale in Extremadura" and you will find an ad for ExtremaCasa - my company. Don't click on it, you'll cost me money!!!!

Actually I've been thinking of buying property in Extremadura for a while. Could you Adwords your ad at the top of NSC please?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I'd rather read personal loan ads that "Learn Biblical Hebrew", although it did make me chuckle when it appeared at the top of the prayer thread...

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I find it rather ironic that such adds keep appearing in the midst of a credit crunch prompted, in large part, by reckless lending by financial institutions over the last few years to 'sub-prime' borrowers.

These 'bankers' seem to have learnt nothing (apart from how to continue fleecing us and demand their annual bonuses).

:shrug: :tosser: :shrug: :tosser: :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here