Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why does it say SOLD OUT for the Sunderland game on the website AGAIN?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Depends which way you look at it. If it was a shop loyatly card, why would they give you more points for buying stuff from somewhere else? They are rewarding people for giving the club money, not for travelling a long way and supporting the team. And although it's a shame, that's the way it needs to be.

I guess so, I didnt look at it like that. I thought loyalty points were given to give fans priority for away games? People with more loyaltiy points got first dibs on away tickets? - have i misunderstood that?

Therefore in my understanding of the loyalty points system, away games should get more loyalty points than home games. I also think midweek away games should get more loyalty points than weekend away games

Kubes

Jan 6, 2010
I see what you mean, maybe they will change it. They have a job to do to sell a good amount of tickets at the prices they have set.

Also, Just a little thing about the loyalty points scoring system.

Today I buy a Sunderland ticket to watch a Carling Cup game at The AMEX against what will most likely be a reserve Premier League team. Granted we will get to see Titus Bramble and Connor Wickham = 20 loyalty points

Wednesday we travel to cardiff, having to take a day off work, make a 9 hour round trip, pay £5 to get into Wales, to a match not many Brighton fans will go and watch = 10 loyalty points

Seems a little unfair

Yes it does seem unfair at first glance but the points are linked to club revenue - they make more money from selling you a home ticket plus the associated pie spending than from selling you an away ticket, the bulk of that money goes to the home club

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yes it does seem unfair at first glance but the points are linked to club revenue - they make more money from selling you a home ticket plus the associated pie spending than from selling you an away ticket, the bulk of that money goes to the home club

But, I would argued that loyalty shouldn't always equate to money - is a fan who travels the length and breadth of the country less "loyal" than those who only go to home matches.

The club do benefit financially for every away ticket that they sell, a £2 booking fee - if we take 2,000 fans away who buy through the club, individually, that £4k straight profit in one match (I know I have ignored multiple ticket purchases and those who buy from the shop but you get my point).

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Having "sold out" is f***ing stupid until it is actually sold out.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Having "sold out" is f***ing stupid until it is actually sold out.

Exactly 100% this. It is just total laziness on the clubs part. No doubt someone could add some logic to the site within 15 minutes to resolve it. It's like putting a f***ing great CLOSED sign at the entrance to Sainsburys, only to have a little sign at the very front door saying "actually, we're open" then moaning that you don't get any customers.

Really REALLY silly.

Saying SOLD OUT instead of TICKETS NOT AVAILABLE YET makes people think it is sold out, so they don't bother to try for tickets, meaning a lower crowd and less money for the club.

I just don't understand, what is so difficult about this? Why are the club so bad at it? Surely enough people must have said this for them to take notice, it's been mentioned on here so many times. Plenty of Albion fans don't spend their lives on here so wont know about this, and will quickly log on, see it is sold out and think they've missed their chance. There is no reason or excuse for this from the club, it is just incompetence. Surely it would take some IT bod 10 seconds to change it?

It's to keep hooligans like you away. You are a danger to other supporters; I still haven't recovered from the amount of beer you poured down my throat after the Donny game.

And why do you have three green blobs? I thought nobody liked you?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Also whilst on the point of daft things on the website, Ive got about 10 F&F linked to my account and anytime I want to buy a ticket I have to manually remove each one from ticket selection. That slightly annoys me and Im sure there are many more out there who have far greater numbers of F&F.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Ticket site not working at all just now "Due to a high level of demand, we are experiencing some technical difficulties........."

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Also whilst on the point of daft things on the website, Ive got about 10 F&F linked to my account and anytime I want to buy a ticket I have to manually remove each one from ticket selection. That slightly annoys me and Im sure there are many more out there who have far greater numbers of F&F.

This. You should be able to ADD IN your F&F not have to REMOVE them.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
where does it say Sold Out? Can't see that anywhere on the site. mind you , can see ANYTHING on the ticket site???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here