Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why does everyone slag off England, even when they WIN?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I can't be ARSED following England at all. I feel represented by the Albion, not some bunch of overpaid primadonnas etc.

But it appears the national team has scored more goals than the OPPOSITION, and seems to be on the road to QUALIFYING for the world cup.

Isn't that GOOD?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
you didnt watch it them?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Nope. Like I said, couldn't be ARSED.

There you go then...you are not worthy of an opinion...go away

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It was a poor performance against a poor team, not helped in the slightest by Sven's post match comments as DTG has said.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They don't seem to care. That's what gets me. Sing to the anthem, play flat out for ninety minutes, be proud to wear the shirt and donate your fee to charity. :angry:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Winning is the abolsute MINIMUM England should expect at home against teams of the stature of Austria. The bare minimum. At club level, that kind of fixture you're talking Chelsea v Burnley.

But is it really too much to ask to see the emergence of an England team to be proud of ? To be feared ? Why do we seem incapable of stringing 5 passes together ? Why are we still fannying about with systems and formations, groping for the winning formula that will finally make this group of players click ? Why can't we have some creditable, tried-and-tested alternatives when things arn't going to plan ? Why can't we boss a game from start to finish ? Why can't we ever look CONVINCING ?

Someone please tell me.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
With all due respect we should caning the likes of Austria.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Cos they are crap to watch
smgesquire2002.jpg

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
BensGrandad said:
Would we have got more points if we had won 10 nil. NO they did what they had to fairly comfortably.
And therein lies the problem.
People get accustomed to "doing what we had to do", until we find out that while its enough against the likes of Austria and Wales, it kind of falls apart when we come across semi-talented opposition (and sometimes even crap opposition too).

This blase "it'll be alright on the night" attitude always comes back to bite us on the arse. And its getting more and more painful every time, cos I just KNOW England are going to f*** up my summer next year.

I can't believe England fans. About half-an-hour away from qualifying and they're still whingeing :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Come on LI, even you and your gargantuan brain can surely see that this England team is treading water. As I said elsewhere, Wycombe Wanderers would get out of this group, yet we have still made bloody hard work of it.

Do we look ready for the World Cup to you ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Easy 10 said:
Winning is the abolsute MINIMUM England should expect at home against teams of the stature of Austria. The bare minimum. At club level, that kind of fixture you're talking Chelsea v Burnley.

But is it really too much to ask to see the emergence of an England team to be proud of ? To be feared ? Why do we seem incapable of stringing 5 passes together ? Why are we still fannying about with systems and formations, groping for the winning formula that will finally make this group of players click ? Why can't we have some creditable, tried-and-tested alternatives when things arn't going to plan ? Why can't we boss a game from start to finish ? Why can't we ever look CONVINCING ?

Someone please tell me.

Perhaps our expectations are wrong. All of the above comments are based on the assumption that England are a very good team. If you pay someone £100,000 a week it does not make them a World Class player, it merely makes them wealthy.

There is a very good reason why foreign teams are not very keen on signing English players, and that is because there basic skills are inadequate. The Premiership is 'exciting' precisely because teams give the ball away so often, but against good opposition you will not get this type of ping pong. Brazil love the ball, the Italians hate giving it away. We have always relied on hoofing it at someone confident that if a chance does not come as a result, then the oppostion will give it back to us straight away and we can have another chance.

Easy 10 said:
Come on LI, even you and your gargantuan brain can surely see that this England team is treading water. As I said elsewhere, Wycombe Wanderers would get out of this group, yet we have still made bloody hard work of it.

Do we look ready for the World Cup to you ?

Depends on your standards though innit? This looks to me the most comfortable England world cup qualifying effort I can remember for years, with a game to go.

Do England look like they will steamroller the world? No mate, the last time you could expect that was in 1908 :lolol: :lolol:

Ah well - my poor plucky team probably has got 3 cup finals ahead of us and it is going to qualify the EXCITING way :clap2: :clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
El Presidente said:
Perhaps our expectations are wrong. All of the above comments are based on the assumption that England are a very good team. If you pay someone £100,000 a week it does not make them a World Class player, it merely makes them wealthy.

There is a very good reason why foreign teams are not very keen on signing English players, and that is because there basic skills are inadequate. The Premiership is 'exciting' precisely because teams give the ball away so often, but against good opposition you will not get this type of ping pong. Brazil love the ball, the Italians hate giving it away. We have always relied on hoofing it at someone confident that if a chance does not come as a result, then the oppostion will give it back to us straight away and we can have another chance.
You're being far too reasonable for me El P.

May I remind you I have been drinking heavily, and had enough trouble aiming the mouse accurately at the 'quote' icon to make this reply, let alone formulate a coherent and incisive reply to your assertions (in fact, it was rather reminiscent of targeting the front door key into the keyhole after returning from a night of disgraceful Argus-worrying BINGE drinking in West Street).

Just call me a TWAT and be on your way.

El Presidente said:
There is a very good reason why foreign teams are not very keen on signing English players, and that is because there basic skills are inadequate.

The Italians still break into a cold sweat when you mention the two words Luther Blissett :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
London Irish said:
Ah well - my poor plucky team probably has got 3 cup finals ahead of us and it is going to qualify the EXCITING way :clap2: :clap2:
Give me that any day. At least they'll have to show some SPUNK. And if they do qualify, they'll bloody deserve it.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here