Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why do we keep announcing new signings in the middle of the night?

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
with the onset of parasites like Fabrizio the days of keeping any new signings secret for a big reveal are long gone, so I think its just done as soon (or as late) as everythings ready to go, so at least when the announcement is made, its not hours and hours after its been "spoiled" by the interweb

I think its a great shame that the days of a press confrence revealing a genuine shock signing are over. The Kevin Keegan reveal at Southampton springs to mind, with gasps from the press as he walked out

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
The medical check is usually the final thing to happen before a signing and these days it usually takes (at least) an entire day - meaning most signings actually happen in the evening/at night. I guess with the pace of information these days, the club see no point in delaying the info.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Because the signings are too sexy for a pre-watershed audience

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I’m old and I was still up(just).

I think the Minteh one was because of the unique circumstances of the PSR pressure on the selling club.

This was just get it out once it’s done - I was delighted and immediately text some others to wake them up with the good news😊

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Once again, I ask…

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Surely the ONLY time you can present players like Wieffer and Minteh is After Eight?

Last edited:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Could it be to attract less fanfare with Sky Sports and the papers? So we don't end up with a load of media going 'ooh Brighton are spanking some cash and making loads of signings', which might put pressure on Fab/the players?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Or it could be to enthuse our growing Japanese market who are waking up most mornings tto breaking news of another teammate for Mitoma.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Once again, I ask…
We have gone from asking why we don’t spend more money or why we move so late in the market or why we miss out on targets, to why are we announcing signings in the middle of the night? I know which I prefer :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here