Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

why do we have to talk about the past ?

north stander

Banned
Nov 5, 2003
the outer limits
why.because what have us albion fans to look forward to under the club run by dick knight.even the players are not happy at the club.fed up with managers coming and going.the falmer think has been hanging around the club for far to long.it's like a bad curse now.the ground problems should have been storted many years ago.but knight and the board just let it drag on.it's be coming a bit of a stigma between everybody connected to the club.is this club going forward or back under knight at this present time.because will we be able to talk about great things to come.or just keep on talking about the past. we must all ask ourselves.come on lets be honest with ourselves as albion fans................... what will be the true out come and who will pay if it all goes wrong..........i will tell you who us bloody fans.......:angry:

"even the players are not happy at the club"

Is that right, and if so, how do you have access to that information ?? How is it that the blame is due for Dick Knight ? (for keeping the club in existence and bringing in good managers and giving them professional respect and maintaining decorum as a low-profile chairman and keeping tenacious yet respectable in the quest for a serious stadium in Brighton ?)

I am serious as f*** north stander, you have privileged information that is absolutely true, or you are talking out of your arse like that moron FG (yes, I realise this is probably the same person).

Well? I'll be happy enough if you just ask yourself the above question, as long as you face yourself with the truth as well (at last).

WELL ?? ???

Last edited:

Sigull

'Arte et Marte'
Jul 16, 2003
Bracklesham Bay
north stander said:
why.because what have us albion fans to look forward to under the club run by dick knight.even the players are not happy at the club.fed up with managers coming and going.the falmer think has been hanging around the club for far to long.it's like a bad curse now.the ground problems should have been storted many years ago.but knight and the board just let it drag on.it's be coming a bit of a stigma between everybody connected to the club.is this club going forward or back under knight at this present time.because will we be able to talk about great things to come.or just keep on talking about the past. we must all ask ourselves.come on lets be honest with ourselves as albion fans................... what will be the true out come and who will pay if it all goes wrong..........i will tell you who us bloody fans.......:angry:

'cause we can :salute:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
when you look at this club a few years ago under those focus twats and the trouble we were in, protesting we did to get them out. then look at us today, i think we are bloody lucky to have somebody like knight at the helm.:clap:

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
You have to look to the past to learn from mistakes & move forward.

I think it's called progress.

Obviously a word not in your vocalbulary North Stander you dipstick.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Thank you north stander for a complete load of old twaddle. Don't you prefer going to Withdean, rather than Gillingham.

Football fans all over the country stepped up to help the cause, I know I stood outside Focus in Ashford, as that was the nearest one to Dover.

I love this club, and all that sail with her. People and personell may well change, but the club will still be here. That is down to the board and the fans, which are right here, right now.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Its true that many people go on about we are lucky to be here crap year after year and feel grateful all the time.

Time to think ahead as this clubs potential is raring to go yet no one see's it i would imagine.
We have sat back with the grateful attitude for far to long and its time we demand progress on and off the field.

I have supported the albion for 16 years now and in that time we have never had money,so why is it always like this i ask.

Its time we thought big for once instead of all the same shite about ooooo we are so lucky to have a club etc bla bla bla.:nono: :angry:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
berkshire seagull said:
Its true that many people go on about we are lucky to be here crap year after year and feel grateful all the time.

Time to think ahead as this clubs potential is raring to go yet no one see's it i would imagine.
We have sat back with the grateful attitude for far to long and its time we demand progress on and off the field.

I have supported the albion for 16 years now and in that time we have never had money,so why is it always like this i ask.

Its time we thought big for once instead of all the same shite about ooooo we are so lucky to have a club etc bla bla bla.:nono: :angry:

yeah we should have thought big like belotti and archer with toad valley....35,000 seater stadium and premiership football....why didn't we listen to them?????

:nono:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Once falmer is built we still won't have a pot to piss in you watch although roll on falmer.

SKINT IT IS AND SKINT WE WILL ALWAYS BE:angry:

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Yeah, everyone says we will be skint like this til we get to Falmer. But they are living in clood cuckoo land if they think that as soon as we get Falmer the money we will be coming in.
It will years after we have stabilised at Falmer til we can day that and dependent on many many factors....
Unfortunately, we will always be a club that is looking to the future and always "currently" skint.

(Yes, I am depressed):yawn:

Leverage . Falmer will give the club tangible foundation for the future. I also believe that Falmer can be used for a variety of other things for the City of Brighton, and events and functions that bring something more to the country - another asset indeed.

Several league clubs have built new stadiums in the last 15 years (for the sake of calling on recent history), and I don't see how they are crying out that they are in ruins because of it.

Do we want to remain as a 'Southwick-style' concern that is marginally above some local pub side on Preston Park ? Would we want that out of fear that a spectacular futuristic stadium is not going to draw cowds ?? That is luddite thinking, and may I suggest Tony that you find a farm trail and give the horse and cart a run out while you quake at the thought ?

We have GOT to get a decent facility, it has GOT to be accomodating for all Brightonions and visitors, and it WILL bring in a return for the club and for the City - plus attracting prospective shareholders and raising the profile of 'Brighthelmstone' in Europe.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
When we have Falmer, we will be a much more attractive club to possible 'big money buyers', would YOU invest in a team that is in division 2 with a temporary stadium that holds only 7000 spectators?

Well, would you?

NO! Didn't think so!:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here