Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

why do bournemouth hate us?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Could stem back to that glorious afternoon at a service station after the final game of the 2001/02 season. Coachloads of Albion fans on the way home from Port Vale having gone up as champions, coachloads of Bornmuff fans on the way home from Wrexham having just been relegated. The phrase "Lording it" doesn't even come close.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Could stem back to that glorious afternoon at a service station after the final game of the 2001/02 season. We were on the way home from Port Vale having gone up as champions, Bornmuff were on the way home from Wrexham having just been relegated. The phrase "Lording it" doesn't even come close.

Also I think the game on Meridan in 1995 did not help. They did not like the fact that the Albion took one of the side stands during the game.

The Orange Seagull

Time Traveller
Jul 8, 2004
Stuck in the 80's
Uncle Buck said:
Also I think the game on Meridan in 1995 did not help. They did not like the fact that the Albion took one of the side stands during the game.

i remember watching that match on telly with much amusement!

they also probably dont like the fact that we take over their local pubs when we visit them either!:lolol:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
tommy boy 86 said:
orient hate us aswell:yawn:

Well for a good few years in the mid/late 90s, Orient were our MAIN rival, strange as that might now sound!

They had a real hoodoo (sp?) over us both home and away and think I'm right in saying we didn't beat them for about 8/10 games in a row, ended by the glorious 2-0 (Brooker & Zamora) victory at Brisbane Rd in 2000/2001 season

They were the team I disliked most during the 90s, especially after the 4-4 epic at the Goldstone Ground, which afterwards, Barry Hearn wanted us docked many points for the pitch invasion by the three numpties

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
I remember the post Port Vale match baiting and I have to admit that although I'm no lover of Bournemouth it would take me a long time to forgive some of what went on if the situations were reversed. That's football though.

If my memory is correct didn't we also dismantle a shed/hut/thing down there many moons ago and charge the locals and police with it? That was funny.

The Orange Seagull

Time Traveller
Jul 8, 2004
Stuck in the 80's
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Well for a good few years in the mid/late 90s, Orient were our MAIN rival, strange as that might now sound!

They had a real hoodoo (sp?) over us both home and away and think I'm right in saying we didn't beat them for about 8/10 games in a row, ended by the glorious 2-0 (Brooker & Zamora) victory at Brisbane Rd in 2000/2001 season

They were the team I disliked most during the 90s, especially after the 4-4 epic at the Goldstone Ground, which afterwards, Barry Hearn wanted us docked many points for the pitch invasion by the three numpties

he didnt want points docked-he wanted us thrown out of the league and called Albion fans "mindless morons"!

guess which team i'd most like to see drop into the conference wilderness!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Easy 10 said:
Could stem back to that glorious afternoon at a service station after the final game of the 2001/02 season. Coachloads of Albion fans on the way home from Port Vale having gone up as champions, coachloads of Bornmuff fans on the way home from Wrexham having just been relegated. The phrase "Lording it" doesn't even come close.

We avoided the service station driving home from that game, after a minibus of B'muff twats started following us on the motorway lobbing beer cans at our car.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I remember that game in 95.

We started behind the goal and loads of Albion fans finished the game in the fare corner having made their way along the stand top the right of us.

Highly amusing, but dreadful bahaviour of our hooligan fans which will no doubt have a bearing on us getting Falmer:angel:

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
pasty said:
We avoided the service station driving home from that game, after a minibus of B'muff twats started following us on the motorway lobbing beer cans at our car.

Yeah, my car load got some severe abuse from a passing coachload of Dorset dickheads. In fact I take it all back, the f***ing wanker's got what they deserved. :lolol:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Moat Bornemouth fans will say that Southampton are their 'main' (i.e. geographically closest) rivals but its a long time since they have played each other in a league match.

We have been in the same division in recent years so it's natural we are rivals. The scenes at Warwick Services after the Port Vale game will stay with me for a long time.

'Torquay on a Tuesday night' was a particular favourite, although 'We'll never play you again' was destined to come back and haunt us!

They also got a bit shitty last season when they thought we were all trying to get tickets in their part of the ground.

:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here