Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why did MerGammmon only play 15mins?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wasn't there but from the commentary it sounded like his presence in attack took the heat off our defence that was buckling as he put himself about, winning things in the air. He then got injured trying to scare the keeper who kneed him, or so John Byrne said as he explained how fecking painful it was when that happened.

1066 - you have never seen McCammon play...stop being a sheep

Last edited:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
He came off because he had a wobbly wheel and was veering badly to the left.:lolol:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Personally, I thought he looked exactly like what this team needs. A physical presence up front that will offer us something different from little quick guys. Also, if the biggest defender of the opposition starts having to take care of Big Mac, then CKR may start to benefit from this.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Gritt23 said:
Personally, I thought he looked exactly like what this team needs. A physical presence up front that will offer us something different from little quick guys. Also, if the biggest defender of the opposition starts having to take care of Big Mac, then CKR may start to benefit from this.

yep.....Trolley looked so big compared to the rest of our team....he seemed to win quite a few flick on headers which the others can thrive on

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Gaffer said:
He had a dead leg following a collision with their goalie

Yep thats what I thought it looked like, was actually unlucky not to score in that challenge which was probably the bravest challenge by anybody that night.

At least he has a physical challenge which all our other strikers lack, CKR, LK, JR take note.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
thought he did well - luckily it looks like he will be fit for boxinmg day

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
CKR made a good run down the right and whipped a great cross into the six yard box. McCammon went to head it with a centre half and the keeper and they all clattered into each other. The keeper got there first and his knee caught Mark on the thigh. He was in a bit of pain and as it was close to the end McGhee decided to get us back to 11 men as quickly as possible.

He did well while he was on. He won most of his headers and quite a few of them actually went to a teammate. He seemed to occupy two defenders leaving more space for CKR.

Great comeback from Big Mac - did everything McGhee asked.

What a dreadful night for Bucky, both Chas and Big Mac doing fine :lol:

Uncle Buck said:
9 pubs beforehand did the trick.

Yeah I really hated the fact we won, it has ruined my weekend.

Good one placky.

Ha ha, one minute.

I think that's my best yet :lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
gazwag said:
Yep thats what I thought it looked like, was actually unlucky not to score in that challenge which was probably the bravest challenge by anybody that night.

At least he has a physical challenge which all our other strikers lack, CKR, LK, JR take note.

Spot on...we need them to "Get amongst the boots" as Andy Gray would say....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here