Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why did L**ds not start with a -9 points

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought if they went into administration they would be punished?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Did they go into administration ? IF they did was it not just before the cut of date as it were to avoid punishment...

:angry:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
they didn't go into administration i don't think as they managed to scrap out of it at the last minute

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
not in admin at all they have dug them self out and in leeds terms owe very little only a few million

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
I thought the -9 points started for any club going into administration this season ,point deductions to come into effect next

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Leeds are not in administration so no points penalty.

Their debts are estimated to have peaked at around £105 million, and they have halved their wage bill from £38million to £19 million.

Be careful when reading about the sale proceeds of some of their players. Viduka's contract had been sold to a leasing company a couple of years ago, so the money from 'Boro merely went on paying back the leasing company, on top of that Leeds are paying Manchester City over a million a year to top up the wages of Fowler and Danny Mills.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Never went into administration, so no points deduction.

However, what galls me is that despite being crippled with debts in the millions, they're still able to spend £200k on Stephen Crainey from Southampton yesterday. We'd ****ing love to be able to spend £200k on someone. But we don't, because we need to keep our financial ship in order. While Leeds, who spent like crazy and destroyed the club, are still out there happily spending beyond their means – haven't they learned anything? Don't they feel they should follow the same rules and principles as everyone else?

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
has anyone been on any leeds messageboards to see what they feel about them spending money?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
With crowds of 40,000 plus and a realistic expectation of bouncing straight back to the Premiership, what they have spent will be a pittance to what they will lose if they spend a couple of seasons outside the Premiership. They must be on a parachute payment that more than covers their expenditure?

Hard for us to swallow but they probably get more at some reserve games than our best gate of the season

:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here