Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why did Hammond leave Southampton?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
:ffsparr:

what team do we have to THRASH to convince people that we have a decent squad?

I know, we hammer Chelsea, Barnsley, Burnley & Wednesday but we're still not yet worthy.
To be honest, if this year we won the FA Cup, Championship title, most goals for, least against, player of the season, manager of the season & largest average crowds over the season.. We'd still not be good enough to talk about.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Or because he knew he wouldn't get a look in at SMS, like he said in yesterdays programme, you thick prick.
IMG_2057.jpg

IMG_2058.jpg

One word for you **** !!!!
If it's too difficult for you to work out, then I'm sure your special needs teacher will tell you what it means !
Dear oh dear oh dear angry little man !!!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Simple !!
He wanted to play better football, with better players , a better manager, at a far better run club with far more realistic ambitions, in front of a far more loyal crowd, in a better ground
in his home stomping ground.
IMHO !!

DDDEEEAAANNOO !!!

I want to have your babies.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm loving the love for this heinous cretin that no-one on NSC wanted back a few weeks ago (generalisation), and yet you go to the match and people, all be it aware of his past, but don't use NSC, have nothing but positives because he is wearing our stripes and not Southampton's, and low and behold, you come to NSC and after one good game and an apology, the haters aren't telling us what a c!unt he is... well there's a surprise. I'd have JCLs over miserable tossers any day.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I'm loving the love for this heinous cretin that no-one on NSC wanted back a few weeks ago (generalisation), and yet you go to the match and people, all be it aware of his past, but don't use NSC, have nothing but positives because he is wearing our stripes and not Southampton's, and low and behold, you come to NSC and after one good game and an apology, the haters aren't telling us what a c!unt he is... well there's a surprise. I'd have JCLs over miserable tossers any day.

Can we have that in English please? Whatever irrelevant point you are making is lost in delivery.

Hammond should have stayed at Southampton and fought for his place.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
In career terms you'd have to say he's accepted quite a challenge.
I can't imagine joining a club where i was least popular and running out on the turf knowing a foot wrong would bury me beneath it.
He had to shine or else be a total embarrassment for himself and Gus.

He still needs to impress for a while to erase some disdain, and impress weekly to claim his position as a first-teamer, of course.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
:ffsparr:

what team do we have to THRASH to convince people that we have a decent squad?

Where did I say we didnt have a decent squad? All I was saying was that one performance by Hammond against a fairly poor team doesn't make him a premiership player. I think our squad is looking like a top 2 squad.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If I can offer a touch of realism here.

Hammond was the Saints' club captain, principally because he was made so when they were still a piss poor League One side. They weren't going to strip him of that simply because they got promoted to the Championship.

Last season they began to spend a bit of money, and managed to slip straight through, but it was obvious (I know I said on here and I'm sure others did too) that certain players who were not absolute regulars, including Dan Harding, might be allowed to ship out.

It doesn't mean Adkins thinks they're crap, apart from Harding of course, and I've no doubt he'd have retained Hammond had clubs not come in for him, but come on, Albion loyalties aside, did any of you see him as a regular in the Premier League?

Especially not now Saints have a top quality, expensive (8th highest spending team in Europe during the recent transfer window, more than Barcelona :lolol:), world class Premier League squad?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
If I can offer a touch of realism here.

Hammond was the Saints' club captain, principally because he was made so when they were still a piss poor League One side. They weren't going to strip him of that simply because they got promoted to the Championship.

Last season they began to spend a bit of money, and managed to slip straight through, but it was obvious (I know I said on here and I'm sure others did too) that certain players who were not absolute regulars, including Dan Harding, might be allowed to ship out.

It doesn't mean Adkins thinks they're crap, apart from Harding of course, and I've no doubt he'd have retained Hammond had clubs not come in for him, but come on, Albion loyalties aside, did any of you see him as a regular in the Premier League?

Especially not now Saints have a top quality, expensive (8th highest spending team in Europe during the recent transfer window, more than Barcelona :lolol:), world class Premier League squad?

Pointless Squad! :D

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Apart from not being premiership quality...and ,

lets face it, not many of the stains team are as it turns out...Hammond is the sort of bloke who looks like he would try it on with your bird if you went up to bed early and, in the morning,would run past your bed with his hand cupped behind his ear shouting "f*** off"

Must be hard for Dean knowing he will never be good enough for even a very poor premier league team run by a total cockpiece who thinks its cool to wear tank tops with a suit jacket.

... Especially not now Saints have a top quality, expensive (8th highest spending team in Europe during the recent transfer window, more than Barcelona :lolol:), world class Premier League squad?
And don't forget ... they were champions of League One only a couple of years ago.

Or so I read, somewhere.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Hammond's not good enough for the prem, so he came crawling back here, with a VERY belated apology. Simple as that. And that's a bit of a whitewash in the programme, saying he just ran along the touchline cupping his ear.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Hammond's not good enough for the prem, so he came crawling back here, with a VERY belated apology. Simple as that. And that's a bit of a whitewash in the programme, saying he just ran along the touchline cupping his ear.

blah blah blah

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

He never got the chance to prove whether he was good enough or not.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Is it just me that's wondering why a Southampton fan has a Brighton programme, and went to the hassle of scanning it in an attempt to prove a point?

Also, WORLD EXCLUSIVE- Adkins gets new job as quiz show host. BBC chiefs say they saw him on MoTD demonstrating why he was perfect for the role:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here