Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

why did butters play today?

Hoggy

Controversial!
Sep 28, 2006
BN1
by doing so Lynch was wasted at left back, el abd was unable to cope, mayo played midfield and i belive the centre back pairing are arguably at fault for all three goals!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Beacuse we have missed him at the back. the error was in moving Lynch. El Abd is not a good centre half at all.

Rents or god forbid, Mayo could have played LB.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
El- Abd was shit, and so was Chippy..They need to make way for better players..........doh,......looks like we are stuck with them......Conference here we come.

Dick Knight OUT.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
hans kraay fan club said:
Beacuse we have missed him at the back. the error was in moving Lynch. El Abd is not a good centre half at all.

That's about the shape of it ... El Abd isn't up to it, so it's one of Butters or Santos & Lynch for me; Rents at left-back. It's not ideal having two left-footers in the middle, but plenty of teams deal with that sort of problem.

Rents - Butters - Lynch - Whing

... hopefully.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
At least he could head a ball, which was more than could be said of the rest of the backline.

Just a shame that he can't do anything except hoof it up the park, and has no pace whatsoever, which when combined with El-abd and Lynch on current form is a disaster waiting to happen.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I for one was glad he was back.

Him and Hinch next week to start and we should look much more solid at the back. El-Abd needs a month of so out of the team so he has to work hard to get his place back.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by hans kraay fan club

Spot on!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
What i dont get, is despite Race SAYING that the man wasn't fit enough (but was willing), the bloke was actually STARTED.

I mean, bloody hell, how desperate are we if we have to START someone who's not fit!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Hiney said:
He's fit but not MATCH-FIT. He needs games to get fully up to speed

Reserve games...you don't throw someone in at the deep end when you have plenty of cover (admittedly misfiring cover) do you?

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Withdean Wanderer said:
What i dont get, is despite Race SAYING that the man wasn't fit enough (but was willing), the bloke was actually STARTED.

I mean, bloody hell, how desperate are we if we have to START someone who's not fit!

I did not say he wasnt fit enough to be considered or to start, I merely mentioned he's not going to be 100% fit as he as he hasnt had the games under his belt. :rolleyes:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Hiney said:
Albion reserve games come around once every 17 blue moons

Well they should sort that out for a start.

Even if it's more '10 vs 11' friendlies against the likes of Broadbridge Heath, it's got to be a start!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Race said:
I did not say he wasnt fit enough to be considered or to start, I merely mentioned he's not going to be 100% fit as he as he hasnt had the games under his belt. :rolleyes:

Ah, fair enough. I interpreted you badly.

Well (got to get a bit of 'arse licking' in somewhere) on the positive side, he was probably our best defender! Not saying much though....

Just a gamble that i'd rather we hadn't taken in the long term, as we're going to need a half decent centre back if this forum continues!

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Sky pundits reasoned Guy was back to counter the aerial threat of Burgess, and that sounds fair enough to me.

I stopped watching after the first goal (I did have a good excuse) and I'm bloody glad I did really.

adammicheal

Jan 3, 2006
The way i see it is both Butters and Hinshlewood are coming back from injuries so both need to get match fit, so it made sense to start 1 with the other on the bench, you cant expect a player to play in the reserves against kids normally and then come straight into the 1st team and be up to the pace of the game straight away

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Race said:

I think they thought you said that he couldn't SEE under his belt!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here