Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why did Anna Friel look so full when she left the The Ivy?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
How journalism works

Fashion editor to picture desk: "I've been promised a free dress if we run a picture of Anna Friel wearing it tonight. Get it in the f***ing paper"

Picture desk to news desk: "Friel's going to the Ivy tonight. We're covering. Get what you can from her PR"

Hapless reporter to Friel's agent: "Hi, it's the Daily Mail here..."

Agent: "Not you again, f*** off"

News desk: "f*** her then, we'll put her in the paper but say she looks fat or something"

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
WTF are they on? She looks fantastic, as ever. What f***ing idiots these papers are.

annafrielMATRIX_228x483.jpg

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I would lick her where she poos. f***ing fit as.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm actually AMAZED that they didn't run an 'Is Anna PREGNANT' exclusive. Maybe they've sold that swoop to Heat.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm failing to see the problem with this story. Gratuitous picture of classy, fit bird who is looking better and better. Some idle, ignorant speculation which will do her profile and career no harm. Everyone wins.

Next you'll be saying newspapers should only run pictures of fit tennis birds during Wimbledon if they win matches and can actually play. I mean, that would be ridiculous.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its those celebrity pictures in the News of the World magazine* that crack me up. They always focus in and magnify on something like "weird toes on Julia Roberts", or "acne crater on Mariah Carey", when you know the photographer and the person writing the snidey little remarks is almost certainly a complete SWAMP DONKEY themselves.

*I was idly leafing through one down the chippy the other night while waiting for my singapore chow mein. Alright ?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
What's worse is when the tabloids doctor the picture to make the person look even more hideous. Worst example I remember was a few years back when either Wills or Harry had chicken pox, and the picture on the front page of the sun had the poor chap with about 20 million more spots on his face than any other newspaper picture.

Tabloid paps = :tosser:

I shouldn't be surprised at the depths that this shit-rag would plummet to, but I am. Shocking 'story' and headline. Did they have this followed by a tear jerker describing a teenage girls "tragic" death from annorexia? (And then a slimmer of the year article). Wankers.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That's what working at the DAILY EXPRESS does to ya.

Scooped again. We had Sue Pollard coming out of Burger King.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Scooped again. We had Sue Pollard coming out of Burger King.
:lolol:
And how full was she looking, out of interest? Did she do any of the catchphrases?

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
I would lick her where she poos.

me too, funnily enough.

but that f***ing "newspaper". i really would like to slice the face off every single person that reads it...if it weren't for the fact that my mum does. honestly, it never ceases to amaze me how she managed to squeeze out someone as brilliant as me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here