Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I wouldn't have it any other way.

Absolutely bloody right

We've had some excitement in the past but lets just look at the last 7 years:

1997 - within 28 minutes of going out of the whole League
1998/1999 - Home games played at a stadium 75 miles away
2000 - Young manager re-builds team to make a push for promotion, including bringing in an exciting young striker on loan
2001 - Win 3rd Division with young striker scoring shitloads of goals
2002 - Diito but Div 2
2003 - Relegation but what a laugh we had along the way
2004 - Promotion via play-offs with 30,000 Albion fans going mental (plus at least 1 in Majorca!!!)

All this with the backdrop of the massive efforts to get our own ground along with helping other clubs on the hour of need.

Brighton and Hove Albion - I f***ing love it

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's LUVVERLY having attila spinning punk classics before the matches and having SKINT on yer shirts and Norm in the stands and getting promoted or relegated every season and having name managers one after the other and abnormally quality goalscorers and having to fight petty English bureaucracy every f***ing inch of the way and having the smartest dumbest messageboard in the whole damn universe. Put it this way, where else can you phone up the ticket office and request seats in The singing Section in a shanty stand in a nature reserve. Who else dismantles their stand in the Summer and ships it off to The open. Who else puts one of their lardass players up for sale for a fiver on e-bay. Etc, etc. Not easy on the nerves but who would honestly have it any other way? Same old Brighton, taking the piss. :p

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Who wants normal FFS?

There are dozens of clubs who would LOVE to be in our place-even with the uncertainty of where we'll be playing games in ten years time.

I'm with you Hiney...lovin' it!:clap2:

whip

Aug 14, 2003
Hassocks
Thats what makes BHA in my opinion the best footy club in the world because its one big balls up after another and you never know whats going to happen next. The potential is there to be perhaps the best club on the South coast. I think a lot of it is down to the council I don't think they get behind the team enough. In some ways though its good to be as we our I would'nt be completly happy if I was a Chelsea fan where money is no object its more of a business then a footy club.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
hiney said:
1997 - within 28 minutes of going out of the whole League
1998/1999 - Home games played at a stadium 75 miles away
2000 - Young manager re-builds team to make a push for promotion, including bringing in an exciting young striker on loan
2001 - Win 3rd Division with young striker scoring shitloads of goals
2002 - Diito but Div 2
2003 - Relegation but what a laugh we had along the way
2004 - Promotion via play-offs with 30,000 Albion fans going mental (plus at least 1 in Majorca!!!)

Brighton and Hove Albion - I f***ing love it

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

What about 1995 and 1996? In and out of the High Court, dodging winding-up orders, will we get the planning consent? pitch invasions, protests, the York game, relegation from Div 2.

Superb entertainment, all of it.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
i love it. even though im not from brighton, never lived there and have not got any relatives any further south than coventry. yep, its so different being a brighton fan. born and bread in doncaster and totally hooked to the albion for nearly 25 years now. and if the excitment disapears for a short while, doncaster rovers provide the rest.
relegated to conferance after a long battle with brighton.
a few seasons down there and now 2 promotions in a row.

so its championship for brighton
and 1st division for donny.

and i love it..:clap2: :clap2:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
braders and brighton &hove albion= don't do normal :)

and i love them for it

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Tom Hark said:
It's LUVVERLY having attila spinning punk classics before the matches and having SKINT on yer shirts and Norm in the stands and getting promoted or relegated every season and having name managers one after the other and abnormally quality goalscorers and having to fight petty English bureaucracy every f***ing inch of the way and having the smartest dumbest messageboard in the whole damn universe. Put it this way, where else can you phone up the ticket office and request seats in The singing Section in a shanty stand in a nature reserve. Who else dismantles their stand in the Summer and ships it off to The open. Who else puts one of their lardass players up for sale for a fiver on e-bay. Etc, etc. Not easy on the nerves but who would honestly have it any other way? Same old Brighton, taking the piss. :p

I'm going to print this post out and frame it.

:CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here