Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why can't I get excited about this season ?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I don't know whats wrong with me.

We are third in the table, with a winable home game to come, have been in the top few all season - but I just can't seem to get excited before any of our games this year, or even afterwards if we have won.

It isn't due to the drop in the division (I've supported them in all four).

It isn't because of Withdean either.

And it isn't because BZ has left.

Maybe it's due to the lack of any real tangible progress in Falmer or the lack of decent permanent squad additions....

Has anyone else lost the 'buzz' factor that I used to have over the last five years ?

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I've accually enjoyed this season more than previous ones due to that i'm going to more away games and have meet more people this season that previous, and still in with a chance of winning this divsion.

There seems to be an apathy this year without doubt. The first season at Withdean, we had the euphoria of being back in Brighton. The next two, were the promotion seasons where we were near on wiping the floor with everyone. last season, div one, with all the bigger names and teams that go with it. This season?......Despite being third, the apathy is still about. One reason, I suspect people have had a gutful of Withdean with its shit facilities and high prices. The hardcore will always be there, but the floaters will not.....Until Falmer "happens" that will be the case..... ( Awaits an input from Ernest.
:rolleyes: :glare: )

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I haven't enjoyed this season as much either. I think this season has so far been overshadowed by Falmer. I'm sure that when the stadium gets approved next month (we can hope, I reckon it will just get delayed and delayed), then I know I'll be able to relax and think about the playing side of things for a change.

Albion Rob

The entire season is overshadowed by Falmer, whatever happens is irrelevant if we don't get it.

I also think the whole Coppell business left a pretty sour taste. I was quite disillusioned for a couple of weeks when I thought 'What's the point, Reading will just f*** us over anyway'.

But now we are playing better and McGhee has settled in I am much happier with the football and eagerly awaiting the green light for the stadium so I can drive down there after work sometimes and see how the building work is comning on.

We HAVE to have Falmer so I am not worried. I know I should be but I think we'll get it. If I am wrong then I'll eat my hat!

I have enjoyed this season as gone to more away games then in the past.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
You just wait until February when Falmer has been given the green light and we are top of the table, then you'll be excited.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
You just wait until February when Falmer has been given the green light and we are top of the table, then you'll be excited.

wise words

(although i'm still touching lots of wood)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
alan partridge said:
wise words

(although i'm still touching lots of wood)

At this time of day?

:p

Seriously though, this early part of the season raelly isn't about the football for me, although i am enjoying being 3rd in the league. Until Falmer is given the go ahead the playing side of things is not the priority.

You just wait until you hear that Falmer got a big fat YES from Prescott, then you'll be more excited than you have been about this club for years.

Getting all tingly writing that.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I know what you mean. I have the feeling, of what's teh point if we don't get Falmer! If we get promoted and two Jags says no then it's all been for nothing! It's taken sooooo long to get this far that if it goes wrong now I'm not sure how many of us will have the stomach to go through it all again :(

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
I think its partly for all the above reasons mentioned, but when we won Div 2 two seasons ago it was all new to us, but now having come back down its not so exiting ! same old Clubs etc.

I think when (well I'm confident !!) we get Falmer approved this will give everyone a lift, and I think it will have a positive impact on our form in the last few months of this season.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The 'newness'of Withdean has worn off, and after 3/4 years of pretty good football the Albion are playing OK....ish in a poor division. Plus there is no other team to dislike in the same manner as Cardiff or Palace in our division

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yeah tell me about it as my interest is a big fat 0 at the mo and can't see it changing for a very long time.
I lost interest even more when i found out it will take 3 years to get falmer up and running and now my patience has run out big style.:censored:

Plenty more things to do anyway:clap2:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The mate I have a season ticket with is adamant hes not renewing next season, hes just had enough of sitting in a shit ground with no atmosphere, and the buzz of playing new teams in a new ground has now gone.

I am seriously tempted to join him and stick to the away matches, such is the apathy I am feeling. The football has been quite poor all season and I really do not enjoy travelling down from London to go to Withdean anymore.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Most people are getting that way as its just been to bloody long and yet still 3 years to wait.

Reckon by that time i will be a proper armchair fan :smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here