Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why can't I get any of the Chl 5's on sky.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pretty much as the title, suggests.
For the last couple of months chl5 has been getting, somewhat erratic, through sky. For which I have no contract, so I use it like a freeview reciever.

Anyway now all I get is 'For your info - 28 - No satellite signal recieved', across the full chl 5 output.

Oh and I wanted to watch CSI tonight, cos there is sh1te all else to watch.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You're lucky, I have never been able to get any of the ITV channels on me didgi-boxes. Not on the old one and not on the new one either. To add insult to injury, I CAN receive all the Channel 5s. Grrrr... :angry:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
so TH you tell me what's happening in CSI and I'll let you know what's happening in Sherlock Holmes.

At the moment there's a bit of camping around and pressing of finger to purse lips.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dodgy dish installations, the both of you. Get a tech out to re-align them.

How does that happen, as it's never been touched, and previously Chl 5 has worked.

I take it I'm being somewhat naive in thinking I can climb up there and wiggle it about a bit, until it picks up Chl 5 again.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Wind. Water. Rust.

You could be successful but you could also destroy all signal entirely

Oooooh. That sounds like a challenge to me. Get up there SB and show em how it's done :lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
No, MYOB, it's not a dodgy dish installation. We have the same problem: we get Channel 5 through our Virgin set-top box and we've had exactly the same message in the last couple of weeks.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Oooooh. That sounds like a challenge to me. Get up there SB and show em how it's done :lolol:

RodHull.jpg

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I don't get C5 through my digi box, but I would assume that if there was a problem with the dish that all channels would go at the same time, a bit bizarre to lose just one.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I get the old \"satellite signal is not being received\" popping up now and then when I flick over to my premium channels (ie Sky Sports / Movies). I LITERALLY turn the box off and on again though, and the channel then magically appears. Bit of a pain, but I can live with it. Actually, its not been diong it this week at all, its one of those intermittant things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here