Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are there no welcome to East Sussex signs !!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I have often thought while trundling down the M23 and passing the West Sussex sign or scooting along the A27 towards Worthing passing yet another West Sussex sign. Where are the East Sussex signs and why are there none :down: ? Ideas anyone

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
east_sussex_sign_lead.jpg

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I have often thought while trundling down the M23 and passing the West Sussex sign or scooting along the A27 towards Worthing passing yet another West Sussex sign. Where are the East Sussex signs and why are there none :down: ? Ideas anyone

There are.

If you're coming from Worthing along the A27, you don't hit 'East Sussex' until Falmer, and there is one there. Likewise, there is one on the A259 heading east just after Lustrells Vale in Saltdean.

The A23 doesn't enter East Sussex.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Because it is the poor mans west sussex and will forever be dwarfed by the empire that is west west west sussex

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
There are.

If you're coming from Worthing along the A27, you don't hit 'East Sussex' until Falmer, and there is one there. Likewise, there is one on the A259 heading east just after Lustrells Vale in Saltdean.

The A23 doesn't enter East Sussex.

Ok so there East Sussex sign is Falmer and West Sussex sign is just before the Southwick tunnel ! Whats in the middle ?

kip

Aug 2, 2011
Ok I know this is just a stupid question and thread, I meant there is a gap in the sussex areas.

close the thread please im an idiot, its been a long week and there is only half an hour to kill here at work.
The signs are put up by the local authority so although the city of brighton and hove is in east sussex it puts it own signs up to say you are in Brighton. You don't enter the boundary of East sussex local authority until you get to Falmer

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The signs are put up by the local authority so although the city of brighton and hove is in east sussex it puts it own signs up to say you are in Brighton. You don't enter the boundary of East sussex local authority until you get to Falmer

Ok that makes sense even to an idiot like me, But tell me when we are getting a swanky new sign on the A23 & A27 saying this way to the stadium etc ?

Ok that makes sense even to an idiot like me, But tell me when we are getting a swanky new sign on the A23 & A27 saying this way to the stadium etc ?
Nobody wants you to DRIVE to the stadium.

I agree, though, that signs are needed. To Mill Road park and ride, Mithras House, the Race Course, Sussex University.

It's complicated.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Nobody wants you to DRIVE to the stadium.

I agree, though, that signs are needed. To Mill Road park and ride, Mithras House, the Race Course, Sussex University.

It's complicated.

Eeesss complicated......eeeeess complicated!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here