Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are Everton so effective?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I've had enough of being depressed about us - how the fook are Everton second, still?! I know they have some decent players - Gravesen, Yobo, Osman - but teams like Man City/Newcastle have apparently better sides, and are way behind. Got me puzzled.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
They stop other teams playing, it might not be pretty but it is proving very effective.

Good luck to them.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Dunno. There must be a reason.

They have only lost to Chelsea, Spurs (at home), Arsenal and Arsenal Reserves (Cup).

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Doin it Greece style. Most teams in the Premiership aren't creative enough to break down a well organised unit.

Confidence has gotta be sky high now.

Repugnant Toad said:
I've had enough of being depressed about us - how the fook are Everton second, still?! I know they have some decent players - Gravesen, Yobo, Osman - but teams like Man City/Newcastle have apparently better sides, and are way behind. Got me puzzled.

McGhee sent his fellow Sweatie Moyes a DVD called How D'Ya Like That - or to give its slightly wordy working title Turning Water into Wine and Feeding the 5,000 Season Ticket Holders - and Everton have never looked back since. FACT.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Fluffster said:
4 - 1 - 4! According to Alan Hansen. ???

Ah they play with two keepers. Isn't that against the rules?

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
Wardywonderland said:
Ah they play with two keepers. Isn't that against the rules?

You know I think somebody should look into that.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I was struggling with the 4-1-4 formation, think it might have been the one that "ten man Arsenal" used to employ so effectively...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Stumpy Tim said:
Apparently Moyes gets them practising last-ditch tackles for a session every week. They defend right to the end & never give up. Teamwork is what it's all about

Teamwork and getting rid of Rooney...selling Rooney was a masterstroke-they got shitloads of money for him and morale throughout the squad seems to have improved.

Not a big Bluenoses fan but it would be so funny if they finish above Manure:D

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
I've always had a soft spot for Everton and I'm glad to see them doing well under a very promising manager in David Moyes. They don't have any really outstanding individual players but they are demonstrating the value of hard work and playing for each other.

They have been helped by the emergence of young players like Osman and Hibbert, plus Tim Cahill and Marcus Bent have been excellent signings for them. Add to that Kevin Kilbane and Thomas Gravesen playing out of their skins and you've got a team that are very hard to beat!

Will be interesting to see how Moyes copes with a decent sized transfer budget (if he's given some money to spend) though, and I think they will end up finishing about 6th or 7th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here